August 25, 2009, 7:07 pm
Another night and another opportunity to win prizes in our Alleghenies Trivia Contest series, a part of the new Adventure Sweepstakes (www.gearjunkie.com/sweeps09). Tonight we will have one grand prize in addition to two other excellent prizes.
The grand prize winner tonight gets a GoPro Surf HERO camera. The runner-up prizes are a Tilley Hats Gift Certificate and a Nikwax “Care Package.”
RULES: The first 25 readers to correctly answer the question below are entered in a random drawing to receive the prizes. Remember, the correct answer must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and the answer can be found somewhere on The Alleghenies website (www.thealleghenies.com).
Here’s what you can win. . .
The GoPro Surf HERO is a quick-release, board-mountable camera. With its waterproof/shockproof housing, 170-degree wide-angle lens, and the ability to shoot up to an hour of video and 5-megapixel photos, the Surf HERO has what it takes to capture all of your surfing action. (MSRP $159.99, www.gopro.com)
Tilley is the first company to successfully “bridge the concept of hat to gear.” Some of the features that have put Tilley Hats on the map as “far more than just a Hat” include: the highest available sun protection (UPF 50+); water or snow resistance; performance fabrics; and insect-proof branded technology. There are even proprietary designs that include document keepers and secret pockets for a traveler’s valuables. PRIZE: Tilley Gift Certificate, worth up to $200. www.tilley.com
Nikwax “Care” Package. This kit includes a variety of environmentally-sound, easy-to-use Nikwax cleaning and waterproofing products. $60 value. www.nikwax.com
And finally. . . Trivia Question #4: The previous trivia question asked about the eight regions of The Alleghenies. A movie starring Tom Cruise was filmed in the Johnstown Region of The Alleghenies, name that movie!
The first 25 readers to send the correct response to email@example.com are entered in the random drawing for the above prizes.
- Latest Articles
- Are You Man Enough? Patagonia Launches 'Technical Knickers' (we test them out)
- Toddlers Compete On Push-Bikes... Strider Launches 'National Championship' Series
- 'Slide Un Cable En SpeedRiding'
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.