May 17, 2007, 9:38 am
This one’s from The Goat, via the Capital Times newspaper in Madison, Wis., where 26-year-old Ryan Lipscomb has performed the ultimate gear test of GETTING HIS HEAD RUN OVER BY A TRUCK!
So the story goes, according to the Capital Times, that Ryan Lipscomb, a grad student at UW Madison, was riding his bike at 3 p.m. a couple days ago, and he decided to scoot across a crosswalk, which showed a WALK sign. Rounding the bend, a large delivery truck apparently did not see the biker, and Lipscomb saw that he wasn’t being seen.
Lipscomb slammed on his brakes, crashed, flew over his handlebars, and landed right in the path of the oncoming multi-ton truck, which DID NOT STOP.
The truck then, according to the Captial Times, RAN OVER HIS HEAD!
“I didn’t see it coming, but I sure felt it roll over my head. It feels really strange to have a truck run over your head,” Lipscomb said.
But Lipscomb was wearing a helmet, from Giro to be precise, and that saved his noggin. Amazing. You can even see the tire tread marks on the crushed helmet he’s holding in the image above.
He was taken to University Hospital, but was released by about 6 p.m. “I’m OK except for a concussion,” he said.
Go here for the full story.
- Latest Articles
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Can An Innovative Axe From Finland 'Revolutionize' Chopping Wood?
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Video Chronicles Intensely Competitive 'Lake Sonoma 50' Ultra Race
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- The Stoke Factor: Explained
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.