April 21, 2010, 8:56 am / Categories: Biking
We’ve all been there: looking skeptically at a bike water bottle that appears new-ish from the outside, but questionable on the inside. And everyone but David Mayer, a cyclist and entrepreneur, didn’t do much other than use said bottle or toss it. Mayer created a bottle with a removable bottom to aid in cleaning dubbed the Clean Bottle. It debuted last week at the mountain bike festival, the Sea Otter Classic.
“The idea for Clean Bottle came to me on a bike ride,” says Mayer. “Earlier in the day I went to grab my bottle only to find it looking like a science experiment gone wrong! It was impossible to clean so I had to throw it away.” Right then it dawned on Mayer that if he had access to the bottom of the bottle he’d be able to clean it.
Thus is the main feature of the Clean Bottle. It has a leak-proof, screw-off bottom. It is made with non-toxic, BPA-free plastic. The Clean Bottle retails for $9.95. But the company is currently offering a 20% discount to online shoppers. This deal might save some money in the short run. The Clean Bottle may help you save money in the long run — and keep some plastic out of the landfill or recycling bin for a little longer.
- Latest Articles
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Can An Innovative Axe From Finland 'Revolutionize' Chopping Wood?
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Video Chronicles Intensely Competitive 'Lake Sonoma 50' Ultra Race
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- The Stoke Factor: Explained
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.