July 16, 2012, 7:54 am / Categories: Miscellaneous
This past spring we launched the EPIC award, a new industry and outdoor-community prize that “highlights adventurers, athletes, gear designers, activists, and artists who affect notable change in the outdoors world.”
For 2012, we have already awarded three EPIC prizes, including to Jason Kruk, Hayden Kennedy, and Chris Skogen. (See the details of each winner here.) Now, for August, we’re in search of nominations for the fourth EPIC winner.
Anyone making a difference and doing new things in the outdoors is candidate for the award, which is sponsored by Wenger North America. Our goal is to highlight achievers in our community doing “epic” things and as a result (we hope) motivating more people to get outside, have fun, push limits, and do good!
Candidates for the Epic Award will be submitted and judged by the editors and staff of GearJunkie, readers, and our friends and partners in the outdoors world. We want to keep this an open forum, and we invite you to nominate your friends, family, or connections in the outdoors space. Send an email to the editors and nominate your favorite “epic” individual today!
- Latest Articles
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Can An Innovative Axe From Finland 'Revolutionize' Chopping Wood?
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Video Chronicles Intensely Competitive 'Lake Sonoma 50' Ultra Race
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- The Stoke Factor: Explained
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.