New life is given to discarded nylon and leather scraps from old backpacks at JanSport, where a warranty department in Everett, Wash., serves as a unique venue for source material. Indeed, all JanSport Reclaimed Series Backpacks are reincarnations of old packs that would have otherwise ended up in landfills.
The result is a functional and artsy aesthetic in a series of exclusive hand-stitched day packs. Jansport offers six Reclaimed styles stitched with born-again Cordura nylon, leather, and printed fabrics. JanSport Reclaimed Series Backpacks cost $125. www.jansport.com/reclaimed
This product is a part of a series of “Green Gear” highlighted on Gear Junkie and an accompanying article on ESPN this week. See all the featured products below.
- Patagonia “Greener Neoprene” wetsuit
- Movement Eco Ski
- Merrell NADA Jacket
- Carbon Neutral Camp Stove
- Dervish Bamboo Longboard
- JanSport Reclaimed Backpacks
- Solio Magnesium solar charger
- Zero MX Electric Motorcycle
- Billabong Recycled Boardshorts
- Dragon “Plant-Based” Sunglasses
- Sustainably-harvested Surfboard