This week, from the Swiss skiwear company KJUS comes a peek at what could be the future of outerwear for the alpine world. Or, at least, this jacket, which comes out in 2012, is a funky Euro attempt to blend function and fashion like never before. In reality, the Equilibrium Jacket, pictured here, is not a giant leap. But it is neat, combining Polartec’s Power Shield Pro softshell material in the shoulder area with panels of goose down for insulation and warmth from the stomach downward.
The jacket is wind-proof, and the Power Shield Pro softshell material offers high water resistance and high breathability. (Power Shield Pro is one of my favorite outerwear fabrics ever made.) The quilted goose down area that is the bottom half serves to keep your core warm.
KJUS, a Swiss company, is known for its uber-premium outerwear, including jackets that sell for $1,000 or more. The Equilibrium Jacket’s price is set at $599, and it should be in stores in the U.S. mid-winter 2012. Yes, you’re going to need to shell out the big bucks if you’re looking to get the level of functionality (and fashion) that the company promises with this rockstar piece.
- Latest Articles
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Can An Innovative Axe From Finland 'Revolutionize' Chopping Wood?
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Video Chronicles Intensely Competitive 'Lake Sonoma 50' Ultra Race
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- The Stoke Factor: Explained
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.