July 25, 2012, 11:10 am / Categories: Miscellaneous
With over 600 contest submissions, some serious knife knowledge was put on display. We were extremely impressed and learned plenty from your contributions. After reviewing the submissions for several hours and deliberating, the GearJunkie staff has made its decisions…
Aaron Kennedy (#1 staff pick)
Think you know how to get the most bang for your buck when it comes to purchasing a new blade? Here’s your chance to prove it! Today, as part of our “Day of the Knife” project, we’re giving away a dozen knives (12 total!) from Gerber Gear.
The top 10 best entries (as chosen subjectively by the GearJunkie staff) will receive a Remix Tactical knife from Gerber + as a bonus, our favorite response overall gets a pair of Paraframe knives to go along with their Remix Tactical prize.
Instructions: Exactly follow these three steps. . .
1) Click to this page and read the GearJunkie article on “What to Pay for a Good Blade.”
2) Click the Facebook “Like” button under the title of the “What to Pay for a Good Blade” article.
3) To Enter. . . In the comments area on the article, tell us about your last knife purchase and then answer: In your experience, what are the most important qualities to look for when purchasing a knife?
Go! The article is on this page. We’ll pick 10 winners later this afternoon. Stay tuned.
—This contest is a part of GearJunkie’s “Day of the Knife” project, which includes content about knives, giveaways and a reader-submission contest for a chance to win $5k in gear!
- Latest Articles
- Are You Man Enough? Patagonia Launches 'Technical Knickers' (we test them out)
- Toddlers Compete On Push-Bikes... Strider Launches 'National Championship' Series
- 'Slide Un Cable En SpeedRiding'
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.