“Not Any Dye Applied.” That’s the code for Merrell’s new NADA jacket line, a series of waterproof/breathable shell jackets made for winter’s worst. Jacket’s like the Nanuk reduce environmental impact without sacrificing aesthetic. With no dye applied, the austere white coat is touted to dramatically decrease overall waste and pollutants put out in common manufacturing processes.
Men’s and women’s jackets available. Merrell’s NADA Cirque model, pictured above, costs $229. www.merrell.com
This product is a part of a series of “Green Gear” highlighted on Gear Junkie and an accompanying article on ESPN this week. See all the featured products below.
- Patagonia “Greener Neoprene” wetsuit
- Movement Eco Ski
- Merrell NADA Jacket
- Carbon Neutral Camp Stove
- Dervish Bamboo Longboard
- JanSport Reclaimed Backpacks
- Solio Magnesium solar charger
- Zero MX Electric Motorcycle
- Billabong Recycled Boardshorts
- Dragon “Plant-Based” Sunglasses
- Sustainably-harvested Surfboard