June 05, 2009
Despite living slightly more than a mile above sea level and spending (only) the last month training for the Teva Mountain Games, I’m slightly nervous for the 5K Mud “Fun” Run and the roughly 6-mile mountain bike race Saturday afternoon.
The mud run sounds silly and is meant to be fun, but everyone knows we’re at the games to compete. Besides, I need to run the 5K, clean up, jump on my bike and get ready to race again all within 75 minutes. Thank goodness for people who will be waiting at the finish line ready with my bike, bike shoes, helmet, Camelbak and another shot of energy gel to get me ready.
I haven’t competitively mountain biked in 5 years (and that was in the flat lands of Wisconsin), so starting the course above 8,000 feet elevation should be interesting.
— Ryan Dionne
- Keyword Search
- Social Media
- Follow me on Twitter
- Check out GJ on Facebook
- Daily Dose RSS Feed
- Latest Articles
- 10 'Dirtbag' Climbers Convert Vans into Mobile Homes
- $15k Prize Pot brings Olympians, National Champs to Mountain Games MTB
- 'Sexy Bodies, Naughty Words' are Hallmarks in Pearl Izumi Campaigns
- 100+ Years as 'Adventure Equipment' (yes, the Thermos)
- Shoelace of the Future? Tour of Boa Technology in Denver
- 100 Miles of Twisting, Climbing, Gravel Road Biking at Almanzo Race
- Hot or Cold? Thermos 'Travel Tumbler' Test
- Video: 'Gear Junkie Challenge" Urban Adventure Race
- Winners! 'Ragnar Trail' Sweepstakes with Salomon
- 'Pro-Level' Air Attack Helmet Put to Test
- Popular Articles