April 15, 2004, 10:25 am / Categories: Biking
Vehicles like the Saturn Vue or Jeep Cherokee come with factory-mounted racks to tote gear. But adding a bike rack to these vehicles’ crossbars often does not work unless you get mounting hardware specifically made for the car.
Rocky Mounts addresses this problem with its new Noose rack, a bike mount specifically designed to attach to factory-mounted cross-bars from Jeep, Saturn, Subaru, Nissan, Audi and every other car company that sells vehicles with racks.
The Noose’s mounting brackets adjust to fit any crossbar less than 4.25 inches in width and 1.5 inches in height. (Rocky Mounts says this comprises 99 percent of car racks sold today.) On the front of the Noose rack, there’s a mounting plate made to distribute the load of the bike evenly.
Vehicles not compatible with the Noose include makes like the Nissan Xterra and Frontier, which have oversized cross-bars. However, Rocky Mounts sells an adapter kit for these larger bars for $5. The Noose will also mount to any rack made by major manufacturers like Thule, Yakima and Saris.
There are two Noose models: The Noose SL works for road bikes and other models with tires up to 2.3-inches in width; and the Noose SLX version is for fatter mountain bike tires that are up to 3 inches wide. It also comes in eight colors, including black, red, silver, yellow, green, blue, gold and orange.
Contact: Rocky Mounts, 1-800-873-1871, http://www.rockymounts.com/.
- Latest Articles
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Can An Innovative Axe From Finland 'Revolutionize' Chopping Wood?
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Video Chronicles Intensely Competitive 'Lake Sonoma 50' Ultra Race
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- The Stoke Factor: Explained
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.