OFFICIAL RULES: "The Gear Junkie's Choose Your Adventure Sweepstakes"
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. The "Gear Junkie Adventure Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") starts at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on August 4, 2009 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on September 15, 2009 (the "Promotion Period"). Eastern Time shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules, and is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws, and provincial or territorial laws, and is void wherever prohibited by law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and District of Columbia (excluding Florida, Rhode Island, New York, residents of Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories and possessions), who are 21 years of age or older and the age of majority in his/her state, province, or territory of residence at the time of entry. Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes, performed services for the Sponsor, or its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying any prize, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Any individuals who have, within one year prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes, performed services for the sweepstake's promotional partners (sometimes referred to as contest "sponsors"; see section 10 below), are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win the prize. Mechanically altered or reproduced Entries are not eligible. In order to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules, and by entering you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects, and you certify that you are eligible to enter.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit www.gearjunkie.com (the "Web Site") during the Promotion Period and completely fill out all the required fields on the entry form, including first and last name, complete home mailing address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime telephone number (including area code), and e-mail address. Then submit, as instructed, your entry form to the Web Site (the "Entry" or "Entries"). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET, September 15, 2009. Limit one (1) Entry per person per e-mail address per day throughout the Promotion Period. Entries by the same person in excess of the limits stated herein will be disqualified. Entries submitted to the Web Site will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
3. RANDOM DRAWING; ODDS OF WINNING: The Sponsor will randomly select a winner from among all eligible entries received on September 16, 2009. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner(s) will be notified by e-mail, using the information provided on his/her Entry, on or about September 16, 2009. The Sponsor will then send to potential winner(s) by e-mail, at the e-mail on his/her Entry, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that the Sponsor requires (the "Affidavit"). In order to redeem his/her prize, potential winner(s) shall sign, have notarized, and return to the Sponsor the Affidavit within fourteen (14) days from the date the Sponsor sent the Affidavit. Any guest (his/her parent/legal guardian if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor) shall sign, have notarized and return to the Sponsor a Liability Release, Publicity Release, unless prohibited by law, and any other documentation that the Sponsor requires within fourteen (14) days after receipt by the potential winner(s). In the event: (a) potential winner(s) cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the Entry, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner's prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at the Sponsor's sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Winner selection is under the supervision of the sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding in all respects. If entrant's e-mail address, telephone number, or home mailing address changes after he/she enters the Sweepstakes, it is the entrant's sole responsibility to notify Sponsor by postal mailing notice to the address stated below to be received before the end of the Promotion Period.
5. PRIZES: The approximate retail value (the "ARV") of the Grand Prize is $4,000.00 and consists of the trip giveaway including flights and gear from sponsors. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to one (1) winner. The winner will choose from one of several trip itineraries offered by the Southern Alleghenies Planning & Development Commission. The winner will choose a companion of their choice to travel with in the Alleghenies. The companion will also receive airfare and have trip expenses paid. All other expenses not specifically listed herein are solely the winner's responsibility including, but not limited to, sales taxes, and all incidental expenses. Prize subject to any and all applicable terms and conditions. Any depictions of prizes are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be sent an IRS Federal 1099-MISC tax form. No transfer, refund, substitution or replacement of prize permitted, except that the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent). ARV of all prizes is in U.S. dollars. All prizes will be awarded within 1 year of receipt of valid and executed winners' affidavit or prize confirmation. Any portion of the prize not accepted or unclaimed and/or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
7. NO TAMPERING; RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY: The Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) Entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) Entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellation, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this promotion or any promotion or prize related activities. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any Web sites promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple e-mail addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If the Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Sweepstakes promotion, including the entire Sweepstakes promotion, and/or modify the Sweepstakes and/or conduct a random drawing to award the prize(s) using all eligible entries received as of the termination date. If the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified due to technical difficulties or unforeseen events prior to the expiration date of the Promotion Period, notice will be posted at www.thegearjunkie.com.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY; DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants and winner agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, contest sponsors, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, and their respective employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death which may occur in connection with preparation for, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of the prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. By accepting the prize, winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of the prize rests solely with the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. The Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, contest sponsors, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, and their respective employees, officers and directors assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants or to any other person's computer, regardless of how caused, relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants and winners acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, express warranties provided by the manufacturer of the goods or their affiliates. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Minnesota, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Minnesota. In addition, any dispute relating to the Sweepstakes (including these Official Rules) shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court having jurisdiction over the subject matter located in the County of Hennepin, Minnesota. Entrants hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of said courts and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction they may have.
9. LIST OF WINNERS; FUTURE SWEEPSTAKES/CONTESTS: A winners' list will be posted on the Web Site on or about September 19, 2009. Or to receive a list of the winner(s) after September 19, 2009, by mail send a self-addressed envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed, to: Adventure Sweepstakes, Attn: Contest Administrator, The Gear Junkie LLC, 5401 Wentworth Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55419 or by e-mail send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the body of the e-mail type: Please e-mail me the winners' list for the "Adventure Sweepstakes."
10. PROMOTION PARTNERS: "The Gear Junkie's Choose Your Adventure Sweepstakes" has several promotional partners (sometimes referred to as contest "sponsors"), including the Southern Alleghenies Planning & Development Commission among others. These companies will provide product for the sweepstakes winner and facilitate travel.
11. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is The Gear Junkie LLC., 5401 Wentworth Ave., Minneapolis, MN 55419
- Weekly Gear Giveaway
Check back soon for the launch of a weekly gear giveaway sponsored by Wigwam, Teva, Duofold and The Alleghenies. GearJunkie.com will be awarding gear every week from early August until the end of the Choose-Your-Alleghenies-Adventure Sweepstakes on September 15. Sign up today and stay tuned for details!
- Social Media
- Follow Gear Junkie on Twitter
- Check out GJ on Facebook
- Daily Dose RSS Feed
- Latest Articles
- The 50-Year Knife: Buck 'Folding Hunter' Among Most Popular Of All Time
- 'Day Of The Knife' 2014
- Official Cooler 'Ice/Beer Challenge' (featuring soft-side Yeti Hopper)
- Hair Clip Multi-Tool
- Summertime Skiing: 10 Tips For A Great South American Ski Vacation
- Still Dirty, Still Insane... Welcome To 'Tough Mudder' Nation 2014
- Video: Head-On Crash (Bike Goes Flying)
- Weekend Movie: Forest Man
- Kickstand Phone Case Takes Your Selfie
- Requisite Hydration Contest... 10 Readers Get 'Ultimate System' From Source