Sunday, September 30th, 2012 at 09:48pm
It took 29 hours and 110+ miles of wilderness distance covered. But this past weekend, Team GearJunkie/WEDALI pushed the pace on one of the highest-profile adventure races of the year, the 2012 Checkpoint Tracker Championship Race, and came out with the Win!
Wednesday, September 26th, 2012 at 02:56pm
100 miles. 30 hours. Those are the distance and time limits for the 2012 Checkpoint Tracker Championship Race, a season-ending decider this week in which Team GearJunkie will battle some of the best squads in the USA.
Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 at 07:50am
It was a solid weekend of racing in the Midwest, where two Team GearJunkie/WEDALI squads competed in different 24-hour adventure races. Our team split up to tackle a pair of marquee regional races, emerging as the overall winners at each one!
Monday, August 20th, 2012 at 03:24pm
Warning: This video contains graphic scenes of vomiting, heat exhaustion, and the loss of equilibrium due to the effects of an adventure race. Watch as the members of Team GearJunkie/YogaSlackers go for broke in the Gold Rush Mother Lode earlier this month.
Monday, August 13th, 2012 at 03:44pm
The past few days provided some major ups and downs for Team GearJunkie racers, including a first-place finish for one squad and a DNF (did not finish) for the other.
Wednesday, August 08th, 2012 at 08:12am
Today our GearJunkie/YogaSlackers team toes the start line at the Gold Rush Mother Lode, a 5-day event in Calif. that's part of the Adventure Racing World Series and one of the toughest endurance events of the year.
Monday, July 23rd, 2012 at 11:00pm
A giant ceremonial check. $5000 written across its face. That was the reality for two Team GJ racers this past weekend. The Salvation Army's "Most Amazing Race" challenges competitors to raise money for charity and then compete for a prize.
Sunday, July 15th, 2012 at 03:50pm
Despite sweltering July heat and serious mapwork required to complete the course, two Team GearJunkie squads secured the top-of-the-pack finish times in this year's Adventure-O endurance event.
- Latest Articles
- Are You Man Enough? Patagonia Launches 'Technical Knickers' (we test them out)
- Toddlers Compete On Push-Bikes... Strider Launches 'National Championship' Series
- 'Slide Un Cable En SpeedRiding'
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.