Tuesday, June 25th, 2013 at 11:30am
An urban race, a half-marathon, a bike event, and a 12-hour adventure race... this past weekend saw athletes from Team GearJunkie competing in (and winning!) an array of activities.
Friday, March 15th, 2013 at 10:36am
The Patagonian Expedition Race, held in southern Chile, is one of the world's most death-defying organized sporting events. A 10-day wilderness immersion, the race pits teams against a 700KM course with mountains, fjords, rivers, and swamps as far as the eye can see.
Tuesday, March 05th, 2013 at 05:13pm
This heli-captured photo by Justin Lotak shows a slice of the Southern Patagonian Ice Field in Chile. Look closer and you'll see two teams, eight miniature racers making headway across the crevasse-laden expanse.
Monday, February 25th, 2013 at 11:55pm
Over the course of 10 days of continuous adventure racing through 700km of Patagonian wilderness, Team GearJunkie–YogaSlackers flat-out suffered. Hard. This video and race report from the team of last week’s Patagonian Expedition Race is painful to watch and hard to read.
Thursday, February 21st, 2013 at 10:17pm
Our adventure racing team, GearJunkie/YogaSlackers, crossed the finish line in Chile today. By all accounts, the Patagonian Expedition Race this year -- our team's fourth running of the event in Chile -- was the longest and most difficult to date.
Saturday, February 16th, 2013 at 09:40pm
The Patagonian Expedition Race kicked off six days ago. Teams biked through a night and then put crampons on to trek into the vast ice fields of southern Chile. Navigation into white-wall valleys ensued, including crevasse leaps and miles of travel through otherworldly terrain.
Monday, February 11th, 2013 at 10:01am
After podium finishes at the Patagonian Expedition Race in southern Chile the past two years, Team GearJunkie/YogaSlackers is setting sights on First Place. But the competition -- not to mention the wilderness terrain -- is daunting as they head into the fray.
Sunday, October 14th, 2012 at 11:02pm
It was a cold weekend to race in the Catskill Mountains of New York. But despite below-freezing temps and a huge wilderness course, Team GearJunkie/WEDALI managed to again eek out a huge win!
- Latest Articles
- Need A Knife 'Scalpel-Sharp'? Try A Replaceable Blade
- Real Minnesota-Shape Forest Exists In... North Woods Of Minnesota
- '10 Boot Giveaway' with KEEN
- Multi-Tool On A Stick: Crazy 'Survival Staff' Has Interchangeable Weapons, Axe
- Beer From Gel Packs: Carry Brew Anywhere
- 'I Am #OMNITEN' Film Premiere Tonight
- Boil Water, Fold it Down. Metal Bottom, 'Soft' Sides On Camp Cooking Pot
- No Phone Needed: GPS Watch Sends Texts
- First Look: Big Agnes 'Two Room' Family Tent
- 5 Tips to Sharpen Your Knife
- Popular Articles
- Survival Knife Is A Versatile Backwoods Tool
- How To Make Firewood With A Survival Knife
- Big Agnes Wyoming Trail 4: Two Tents With One Huge Vestibule
- 5 Tips to Sharpen Your Knife
- Backcountry Beer Buzz In Ultralight Package
- Best Fishing Video Ever: Giant Grouper Eats Shark At Side Of Boat
- Cooler Ice 'Death Match' Challenges with 90-Degree Heat
- No Phone Needed: GPS Training Watch Sends Texts, Carries Music
- Camping Gear Reviews | Gear Reviews
- Soft Side Cooking Pot Folds Flat
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.