We launched our new “Fast & Light” video channel last month with an episode on climbing Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. (See that video here.) Today, we debut the second episode in the series, “24 Hours on the Border Route,” for which Gear Junkie and crew traveled to northern Minnesota to trek the renowned 65-mile wilderness route. The video reveals the rugged beauty of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters as well as the remote and little-traveled nature of the region, where bears roam and forest fires wash unchecked over vast lands. In the video, here below as well as in a larger format on our web channel, Gear Junkie founder Stephen Regenold and his hiking companions get lost, battle compass malfunctions (due to iron in bedrock), and push limits to make it to the end of the Border Route in record time. Enjoy!
- November 25, 2015 ‘Sketchy’ Andy’s Space Net Video Will Make Your Palms Sweat
- November 25, 2015 Riding ‘Mongol Derby,’ The Longest Horse Race On The Planet
- November 24, 2015 Could New Rocket Carry Space Tourists Safely?
- November 20, 2015 Park City Opens Saturday As Largest Ski Area In U.S.A.
- November 19, 2015 Explore Bali In Two-Minute Video
- November 18, 2015 Watch: 500-Meter Slackline Walk Between Desert Towers
- November 17, 2015 Hikers Pack 1,000 Pounds Of Trash Off Appalachian Trail
- November 5, 2015 Personal Essay: ‘I’m A Ski Bum, And I Live In My Truck’
- November 5, 2015 Tragic Pasts, Forbidden Peaks Explored In ‘Miguel’s Paramo’ Film
- November 5, 2015 Mountain Peaks to Backyard BBQs… #BuiltForTheWild Best Reader Shots
- November 4, 2015 Never Tie Your Shoelaces Again
- November 2, 2015 Promotion: Free SPOT Products, Thru End Of Year
- November 1, 2015 Bison Coat, Artful Canoe, Multi-Tool Speaker: GearJunkie Week In Review
- October 30, 2015 Submit Photo, Win YETI Gear
Holiday Guide 2015
All The GearJunkie Holiday Gift Guides In One Place.Visit Guides