Jeep has declared April 4 ‘4×4 Day’ (badum-tsss)! And on that one day, you can buy a limited Launch Edition 2020 Jeep Gladiator with a chance to win $100,000.
One very capable off-road pickup truck and the money to go use it? Sign me up! Jeep will produce only 4,190 of the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition. The odd number is a nod to Toledo, Ohio (area code 419), where workers manufacture these trucks.
Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
The 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition is a nearly fully optioned Rubicon model. It also has unique touches to stand out from the scores of Gladiators sure to roam the streets soon.
The Launch Edition gets you a unique tailgate badge, mid-gloss black aluminum wheels, and leather-wrapped instrument panel with Rubicon Red stitching. You also get the top-of-the-line black leather seats with red accent stitching.
The one option you’ll want to add to your Launch Edition is the eight-speed automatic transmission. The truck comes standard with the six-speed manual. In my opinion, it just doesn’t suit this truck or the V6 Pentastar under the hood.
The Gladiator Launch Edition costs a hefty $62,310 (including destination and options). Once you upgrade the transmission, which you’ll want to do, you’ll be into the truck for at least $64,310. I say “at least” because it’s very unclear, and it’s highly likely that dealers will be able to add an upcharge for this limited-edition model.
Color-matched fender flares and hardtop come standard on the Gladiator Launch Edition. You can order the truck in Black, Bright White, Firecracker Red, Granite Crystal Metallic, and Billet Silver Metallic.
“The anticipation for the all-new Jeep Gladiator has been tremendous, and to mark the introduction of the first Jeep pickup truck in nearly 30 years, we are offering a distinctive model, a convenient online ordering experience, and the opportunity for a very special prize,” said Tim Kuniskis, head of Jeep Brand North America.
“Jeep Gladiator enables the one-of-a-kind Jeep lifestyle. But to enjoy that lifestyle you need time. So we’re offering that, in the form of one-year’s salary, to the winner.”
One-Day-Only Order Window
The preorder process on the 2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition will be a little different than the typical Jeep buying experience. On July 4, you’ll be able to select your Gladiator Launch Edition, estimate your trade-in value, and connect with a dealer through Jeep.com.
A Jeep Gladiator concierge will then call you on the same day to complete the sale. They will take a deposit and connect you with the dealer of your choice. This is where things get a little fuzzy, as dealers could add an upcharge at this point in the transaction for the opportunity to buy one of these limited-edition trucks.
Gladiators will hit dealer lots this spring. These Launch Editions should be delivered around May.
Jeep Gladiator ‘Find Your Freedom’ Contest
Gladiator Launch Edition buyers are the only ones eligible to enter Jeep’s Find Your Freedom contest. What that amounts to is a 1 in 4,190 chance to win “one-year’s salary” — $100,000.
The whole idea behind the promotion is to allow one lucky Gladiator buyer to “take the time off to enjoy the Jeep lifestyle of pursuing any outdoor adventure.” Jeeps are built for adventures off the beaten path, and this contest is all about promoting that.
Entering the contest does take some work and creativity, however. Launch Edition buyers will need to submit a personal video. This should be a 60- to 75-second video “conveying your personal Gladiator story explaining how you would spend a year off from work.”
An inspirational message relating to the Gladiator theme will be 70 percent of the judging criteria. The remaining 30 percent is based on consistency with the Jeep brand image.
The Jeep brand as well as Noah Galloway, a wounded warrior and U.S. Army veteran, will choose the winner. You must be at least 18 to enter, and the entry deadline is April 30. Jeep will contact the winner on May 13.
The contest is void in Arizona, Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska, Vermont, North Dakota, and Puerto Rico.
Want a Jeep Gladiator Pickup? Act Fast!
If you want to get in on this adventure opportunity and secure your very own ultimate off-road truck, log in here on April 4.
For a full rundown of all the pros and cons of this all-new midsize U.S. pickup truck, have a look at our first drive impressions.