The votes are in for “Best of Show” at the International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades (ICAST), held this week in Las Vegas.
This is the fishing world’s premier trade event, and with it comes many of the biggest product announcements of the year. The following items—from lures to sonar screens—were awarded Best in Show. . .
1. E21 Carrot Stix. This freshwater rod was voted by buyers and media as the most innovative product in the ICAST50 New Product Showcase in both the Freshwater Rod category and the overall “Best of Show.” It is—no joke—a rod constructed using a new composite material made from carrots.
2 Berkley TEC Pistol Trigger Grip. (“World’s first pistol grip exclusive trigger design.”)
3. Gulp! Alive! (Pure Fishing’s biodegradable bait)
4. Rollo Lures (Lure with retractable steel leader line.)
5. Double Dee’s (Fishing attractors with counter-spin design.)
6. LCX-38C HD (Sonar/chartplotter in 8.4-inch screen.)
7. McDaddy’s Pink Ribbon Collection (Fishing jewelry)
8. Stren Microfuse Glacier Blue Fluores (“Thermally-lused” braided line; fluorescent glow for high visibility.)
9. Fusion Rod (Carbon saltwater rod.)
10. Man-o’-War (Fishing sunglasses)
11. Miss Fisherman rods (Girls’ line and fishing rod combos.)
12. Shimano Stradic FI Spinning Reels
13. Bristol Bay Portable Livewell Bag (Tackle management bag.)
14. Technical Shorts (Fishing shorts!)
15. PFLEX Fly/Spin Kit (Compression modeled travel case for rod and reel.)
16. Bert’s Track System (Rod holder.)
See all the details here: http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?page=best_of_show