Whistler Blackcomb takes us behind the scenes of resort operations in the latest installment of its Wonder Reels series, “The Eye of the Storm.” Storm forecasting, avalanche bombing, and opening the mountain — there’s a lot of work that goes into giving skiers and snowboarders the best pow day ever! This video starts with work and ends with play — the face shots begin at 1:45. —Magee Walker
Ski, snowboard, ice climb, snowshoeing... and anything else on ice and snow.check out all Winter posts
- February 22, 2018 Ikon Ski Pass to Rival Vail’s Epic: Prices Announced
- February 21, 2018 When Fingers Are More Than Cold: Raynaud’s Disease
- February 16, 2018 Winter Traction: Which Kahtoola Spike Is Right for You?
- February 16, 2018 Weekend Film: Cycling ‘The Frozen Road’ Across the Canadian Arctic, Alone
- February 15, 2018 Watch Midnight Grooming: The Story Behind the Corduroy
- February 14, 2018 4-Legged Hero: Tribute To Henry, Vail’s First Avi Rescue Dog
- February 12, 2018 Did a Norwegian Skier Just Give the Best Olympic Performance Ever?
- February 12, 2018 Eargasm: Skating on Thin Ice Produces Otherworldly Sound
- February 9, 2018 Sure Footed: MSR Lightning Ascent Snowshoe Review
- February 8, 2018 Watch: Stunning Snowshoe Art Blankets MN Baseball Stadium
- February 8, 2018 Meet Advenate, a Revolutionary New Snow Safety Brand