Wish me luck! And be sure to follow our progress. Team Gear Junkie flies south this week en route to Punta Arenas, Chile, and the wilds of Tierra del Fuego beyond. The Wenger Patagonian Expedition Race, a nine-day event with trekking, kayaking, mountain biking and climbing, kicks off on Feb. 9. GearJunkie.com will have reporter T.C. Worley on site sending photos and updates from the field (if and when he can find an Internet signal!). Monitor our Patagonian Race channel for updates, and go to the race’s main page, http://www.patagonianexpeditionrace.com, for GPS-based tracking and updates on this event at a literal end of the Earth! —Stephen Regenold
Multisport racing -- map, compass, navigation, checkpoints, bike, orienteer, paddle.check out all Adventure Racing posts
- April 5, 2017 ‘The Hardest 400 Meters Of Your Life’
- October 14, 2016 Like Pain? Try A New ‘Survival Run’
- May 5, 2016 Tough Girl! 9-Year-Old Completes Wild Adventure Race
- March 18, 2016 ‘The Runner’ Seeks Contestants For $1Million Race
- March 8, 2016 Videos Give Inside Look At ‘Last Wild Race’ In Patagonia
- December 8, 2015 Extreme Test: Gear For AR World Championships
- December 1, 2015 Insane! Watch The Gnarliest Race On Earth
- August 11, 2015 Adventure Race In The City… Recap Of ‘TC Urban Dash’
- August 3, 2015 Race Gear: 10 Top Pieces of Kit for Expedition Alaska
- March 20, 2015 Adventure Race Dog Clears Quarantine, Heads Home
- March 3, 2015 ‘Trail Fighter’ Documentary
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.
Sign up in April for a chance to win a High Sierra Karadon 55 Backpack with tuck-away straps and reflective details.