Billabong’s Eco-Supreme Suede fabric is derived from recycled PET plastic bottles that would have otherwise ended up in a landfill. To date, the company cites more than three million bottles diverted in the program.
The result is Boardshorts like the Sonic Boom. The shorts give a stylish look and a performance fit with a feel-good eco story to boot. Billabong’s Sonic Boom Boardshorts cost $59.50. www.billabong.com
This product is a part of a series of “Green Gear” highlighted on Gear Junkie and an accompanying article on ESPN this week. See all the featured products below.
- Patagonia “Greener Neoprene” wetsuit
- Movement Eco Ski
- Merrell NADA Jacket
- Carbon Neutral Camp Stove
- Dervish Bamboo Longboard
- JanSport Reclaimed Backpacks
- Solio Magnesium solar charger
- Zero MX Electric Motorcycle
- Billabong Recycled Boardshorts
- Dragon “Plant-Based” Sunglasses
- Sustainably-harvested Surfboard