Rock climbers use jargon full of double entendres, puns, and room for creative expansion. The Brooklyn Boulders Climbing Community — a collective of gyms with locations in New York, Massachusetts, and Illinois — came up with these clever slides to inform and entertain. Enjoy the puns and visuals made to explain the names of six common climbing hold types.
Bouldering to big walls, we cover climbing and mountaineering, ice climbing, gear, and all things vertical and off the ground.check out all Climbing posts
- February 16, 2018 Jim Bridwell, Yosemite Climbing Pioneer, Dead at 74
- February 14, 2018 Teaser: Kilian Jornet Documents Back to Back Everest Ascents
- February 12, 2018 Climbing Goals: $70,000 Grant Opens for Non-Sponsored Climbers Only
- February 7, 2018 ‘Chinese Finger Trap’ Rappel: Beal Escaper First Look
- February 7, 2018 Conrad Anker Establishes New Route for Fallen Friend
- February 6, 2018 Photography Up High: 10 Tips for Shooting in Mountains
- February 5, 2018 Heroes In Action: Watch Complete Rock Climbing Helicopter Rescue
- January 29, 2018 The North Face to Build Public Climbing Wall in Denver
- January 12, 2018 Most Impactful Climbers: 2018 American Alpine Club Awards
- January 2, 2018 Polish Climbing Team Attempts First K2 Winter Ascent
- January 2, 2018 Canyoneers Share Claustrophobic New Year’s Tradition
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.