This week, I jetted to Iceland for a quick trip to see some sights and participate in an introduction of a new footwear line from Danish shoemaker ECCO. The company upgraded its BIOM line of running shoes, and I got to take a test on Icelandic soil. On trail runs and day hikes around Reykjavík for the past few days, I wore the BIOM Trail and BIOM Hike models, two products new this Fall. Here are a few images from the high-latitude adventure so far. —John Peacock
Day hikes to trekking for many miles down the trail, we cover a range of hiking products.check out all Hiking posts
- April 3, 2017 Tackling An FKT? You’re Eligible For A Grand And Free Gear
- March 23, 2017 10 Rules: Running with your Dog
- March 22, 2017 Real Hikers Wear Tights: Fjallraven’s Abisko Trekkers Reviewed
- March 9, 2017 Hiking Spain’s Oldest Trail: Camino De Santiago
- December 21, 2016 Hiker For Hire: LA-Based ‘People Walker’ Is Real Service
- November 17, 2016 Survival Stunt: Week-Long Mountain Trek With ‘Prival’ Tool
- November 8, 2016 Unable To Hike, Woman Carried 79 Miles On AT
- November 1, 2016 Apps Vs Maps: Why Paper Beats Tech On The PCT
- October 14, 2016 ‘In The Hollow’: Chilling Tale Of Murder On The AT
- October 11, 2016 Unexpected Gear Of Mountain Pro Andrew Skurka
- October 10, 2016 At 1,300 Miles, Remote ‘GPT’ Is Longest Trail In South America
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.
Sign up in April for a chance to win a High Sierra Karadon 55 Backpack with tuck-away straps and reflective details.