I am currently sitting in Puerto Williams, Chile. The race is almost over. Team Japan is still on the course, but all other teams have either finished or dropped out. The only placing we know for sure right now is Team Helly Hansen, who won, finishing a few days ago. I saw them minutes ago, and they looked refreshed and excited to see the other teams. Team Gear Junkie and 5 other teams came in before midnight last night. Finishing order is still up in the air, because there have been penalties and potential time allowances that need to be calculated. I will know more tonight and hope to update as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will try to get out race reports that were written in the field, but were unable to be sent.
Follow off-the-grid excursions, ultra races, mountain climbs, expeditions... and all things "adventure" around the globe.check out all Adventure posts
- December 14, 2017 You Can Zip Line over the Mississippi During the Super Bowl
- December 12, 2017 Try Before Buying: We Rented Gear and You Can Too
- December 8, 2017 Gifts for the Outdoors Person in Your Life
- December 8, 2017 ‘Lost World’: 100 Hours Paddling Mexico’s Forgotten River
- November 30, 2017 Meet the 2018 Jeep Wrangler
- November 27, 2017 USA-Made: Rare Deals on Cyber Monday
- November 16, 2017 Dreams of Flying? You’ll Love This Video
- November 14, 2017 Rediscovering Iraq: Veterans Return for ‘Adventure Not War’
- October 31, 2017 Working for GearJunkie: Our 9-to-5
- October 27, 2017 Balloons To Lift ‘World’s Most Ridiculous Air Race’
- October 25, 2017 Inspiring! Film Documents Bikers’ Trip to ‘Leave It Better’
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.