I am currently sitting in Puerto Williams, Chile. The race is almost over. Team Japan is still on the course, but all other teams have either finished or dropped out. The only placing we know for sure right now is Team Helly Hansen, who won, finishing a few days ago. I saw them minutes ago, and they looked refreshed and excited to see the other teams. Team Gear Junkie and 5 other teams came in before midnight last night. Finishing order is still up in the air, because there have been penalties and potential time allowances that need to be calculated. I will know more tonight and hope to update as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will try to get out race reports that were written in the field, but were unable to be sent.
Follow off-the-grid excursions, ultra races, mountain climbs, expeditions... and all things "adventure" around the globe.check out all Adventure posts
- March 17, 2017 Behind Mike Horn’s Unprecedented Antarctic Crossing
- March 9, 2017 What’s With Ultrarunners Doing Reality TV?
- March 7, 2017 Patagonia Goes ‘All In’ On Bears Ears
- February 20, 2017 Witness The Greatest Expedition Of Our Time
- February 14, 2017 Eat Frosting, Win Ultras: Rising Star Clare Gallagher
- January 18, 2017 15 Ways To Find Adventure, For The Local Or Traveler
- December 15, 2016 Massive Outdoor Scavenger Hunt Launches In MN Today
- December 8, 2016 Outback Bike-Packing, As It Should Be
- December 8, 2016 If The Outdoors Is Your Church, It’s Time To Tithe
- November 16, 2016 10 Secret ‘Local’ Adventures Around GearJunkie HQ
- November 11, 2016 Oh Winter, Where Art Thou?