I am currently sitting in Puerto Williams, Chile. The race is almost over. Team Japan is still on the course, but all other teams have either finished or dropped out. The only placing we know for sure right now is Team Helly Hansen, who won, finishing a few days ago. I saw them minutes ago, and they looked refreshed and excited to see the other teams. Team Gear Junkie and 5 other teams came in before midnight last night. Finishing order is still up in the air, because there have been penalties and potential time allowances that need to be calculated. I will know more tonight and hope to update as soon as possible. In the meantime, I will try to get out race reports that were written in the field, but were unable to be sent.
Follow off-the-grid excursions, ultra races, mountain climbs, expeditions... and all things "adventure" around the globe.check out all Adventure posts
- September 28, 2017 Adult Summer Camp: Don’t Laugh, It’s Awesome
- September 26, 2017 Trekking ‘Mount Everest’ In England, Falling Short
- September 20, 2017 The Great Bog Walk: Red Lake Peatland Crossing
- September 13, 2017 First Look: Upcoming Products From Paddlesports Retailer 2017
- September 7, 2017 Meet Duluth, America’s Next Best Adventure Town
- September 1, 2017 Video: #RVLife Maintenance Tips
- August 29, 2017 Midwest Family Roadtrip: 4 Kid-Friendly Outdoor Destinations
- August 18, 2017 Outdoor Hazards: Viewing The Total Eclipse
- August 15, 2017 Down Revolution: Eddie Bauer To Launch ‘Down Fabric’
- August 15, 2017 ‘Crotch Pot’ Cooks Your Food With Body Heat
- July 12, 2017 10 Tips To Improve Your Outdoor Photography
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.