For the fourth year in a row, GearJunkie has collaborated with the editors of Popular Science magazine in a quest to find the “Best of What’s New” from a universe of inventions.
That’s the name of the annual article and awards, now in its 25th year, which looks at a year’s worth of inventions and adorns 100 of them with the “BOWN” crown.
GearJunkie consulted with the magazine to pick the best products for the Recreation category. Here’s the full list.
Popular Science’s ‘Best of What’s New’ 2012
1. Power Stove: BioLite CampStove
2. Gear Protector: HeadsUp Systems Wireless Gear Alert System
3. Virtual Coach: Pear Square One
4. Auto-Adjust Headlamp: Petzl NAO
5. Neo Bird Feeder: Wingscapes AutoFeeder
6. Better Club: TaylorMade RBZ Fairway Woods
7. Fish Imaging: Humminbird 360 Imaging
8. New-School Goose Down: Sierra Designs DriDown
—Popular Science’s full “Best of What’s New” issue is online here and in print on newsstands now.