It was one year ago today that I was racing in Primal Quest, a strange and epic race that took me for nine days through the deserts and mountains of Utah. Primal Quest cancelled its 2007 event, but the race is returning in ‘08, and registration opens this weekend.
If you’re one of the elite, a wilderness athlete who can hack deserts and mountains and fast whitewater streams day upon day during a race, then this is your weekend. Registration for the Primal Quest, a 10-day adventure race to be held next June, opens this Sunday at http://www.ecoprimalquest.com
Oh, you also need about $12,500 on hand, which is the registration cost per four-person team. That’s right, $3,125 per person.
Space is limited to 75 teams, and this field will fill up.
Here’s the full dope from Primal Quest press relations. . .
Primal Quest will take place June 21 – July 2, 2008 in a U.S. western state.
Primal Quest 2008 Race Registration Overview:
- Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis. .
- Open to 4-Person, Coed Teams.
- Online application to be submitted on or after July 1st, 2007.
- The cost of entry is $12,500.00 USD per team, which includes 4 team members and 2 support individuals.
- A deposit of $2,500.00 USD will be required with your application.
- The remaining balance of $10,000 USD is due no later than November 1st, 2007, or your entry will be forfeited.
- Cancellations prior to November 1, 2007 will incur a $500 USD penalty. No refunds will be allowed after this date.
- The registration process is complete when each accepted team has paid their entire $12,500 USD in full no later than November 1. Additional forms and skill certificates will be due at a later date.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any participant.