A special heat-exchanger design lets this efficient camp stove utilize up to 80 percent of its flame output and heat while cooking — a good eco move to start. But Primus goes another step by purchasing carbon-offset credits for every EtaPackLite stove sold, making cooking outdoors now a carbon-neutral experience.
For backpackers, the entire EtaPackLite kit — including stove base, windscreen, and gas cartridge — fits inside the included 1.2-liter pot for easy transport in a pack. The Primus EtaPackLite costs $115. www.primuscamping.com
This product is a part of a series of “Green Gear” highlighted on Gear Junkie and an accompanying article on ESPN this week. See all the featured products below.
- Patagonia “Greener Neoprene” wetsuit
- Movement Eco Ski
- Merrell NADA Jacket
- Carbon Neutral Camp Stove
- Dervish Bamboo Longboard
- JanSport Reclaimed Backpacks
- Solio Magnesium solar charger
- Zero MX Electric Motorcycle
- Billabong Recycled Boardshorts
- Dragon “Plant-Based” Sunglasses
- Sustainably-harvested Surfboard