Most road-biking articles focus on the high-end and race side of things. But in a collaboration with Scouting Magazine last month GearJunkie assembled a feature on affordable road-cycling gear for beginner riders.
The article highlights a spread of road-biking gear to get you going at any budget, including $40 helmets, $35 bike computers, and a road bike that starts at $250.
The full list includes:
- Bell Piston Bike Helmet ($40)
- Blackburn Atom SL Bike Computer ($35)
- Blackburn VIP SL QR Waterproof Phone Case ($35)
- Cannondale BMT 10 Function Bike Tool ($17)
- Focus Culebro Road Bike ($1,650)
- Giro Hoxton SF Bike Gloves ($30)
- Schwinn Prelude Road Bike ($250)
- Serfas Thunderbolt Road Bike Light ($45)
- Shimano Click’R Line Pedals – $120 (shoes); $70 (pedals)
See the full article here. This gear was selected for price but also basic quality — it’s by no means the fastest gear, but it’ll get a beginner going and excited to be out there and pedaling on the open road.
—Stephen Regenold is the editor and founder of GearJunkie.com