Oh the colorful dialect of the park and pipe world! Thankfully, we have diagrams to help. I suppose some of these are dated as the language evolves as fast as the sport of snowboarding itself, but this gem of a diagram from Wikipedia might help those watching the Olympic pipe competition understand the terminology…a bit. —Sean McCoy
Board and gear reviews.check out all Snowboarding posts
- March 22, 2017 Watch: A Freeride Journey To The Albanian Alps
- March 6, 2017 Famous Snowboarder Saved By His Helmet
- February 17, 2017 Teens Drop Cliffs On Freeride World Tour
- January 19, 2017 The Surfy Glory Of The Powder Turn
- January 3, 2017 Burton Reinvents The ‘Step-On’ Binding System
- December 21, 2016 So Much For Reindeer, Santa Uses A Drone
- November 15, 2016 Film Captures Feeling Of Snowboarding ‘Flow’
- October 14, 2016 M.A.X. Pass: 38 Mountains, One Lift Ticket
- August 26, 2016 Monumental: Skiing Our National Parks
- August 16, 2016 Travis Rice’s Latest Snowboard Film Looks Bonkers
- August 15, 2016 Plastic Ski Slope Coming To Minnesota
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.
Sign up in April for a chance to win a High Sierra Karadon 55 Backpack with tuck-away straps and reflective details.