Oh the colorful dialect of the park and pipe world! Thankfully, we have diagrams to help. I suppose some of these are dated as the language evolves as fast as the sport of snowboarding itself, but this gem of a diagram from Wikipedia might help those watching the Olympic pipe competition understand the terminology…a bit. —Sean McCoy
Board and gear reviews.check out all Snowboarding posts
- January 2, 2018 Digital Screens are Coming to your Chairlift
- December 13, 2017 Grant Offers Splitboarders Gear, Cash To Ride
- December 1, 2017 Watch: Top Snowboarders Flood Peace Park Course
- November 16, 2017 Earn Your Turns: Hottest Splitboards for 2017–2018
- November 3, 2017 NASA-Inspired: Burton Reveals 2018 USA Olympic Uniforms
- November 3, 2017 ESPN Wants to Know: What’s the Hardest Ski Resort?
- November 1, 2017 Never Wax Skis Again? DPS Makes Bold Claim
- October 19, 2017 Raw Snowboard Edit: Travis Rice’s Best Tricks From Latest Film
- March 22, 2017 Watch: A Freeride Journey To The Albanian Alps
- March 6, 2017 Famous Snowboarder Saved By His Helmet
- February 17, 2017 Teens Drop Cliffs On Freeride World Tour
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.