Fred Beckey may have more North American first ascents than any other climber, but at 89 he had never climbed in the Dolomites. Clearly, you are never too old to do something for the first time. —Sean McCoy
Bouldering to big walls, we cover climbing and mountaineering, ice climbing, gear, and all things vertical and off the ground.check out all Climbing posts
- April 25, 2017 Sci-Fi Ascent: Firm Calls For Route Up Tallest Mountain On Mars
- April 13, 2017 Three Tips For High Altitude Newbies
- April 11, 2017 Train Hard, Fight Hard: Tips To Climb Big Mountains
- April 5, 2017 ‘Gumball’ Carabiner Aims For Easier Climbing
- March 31, 2017 First Look: Black Diamond’s Beefy Mid-Range Rope For All Climbers
- March 29, 2017 Couch To Ladder: 10 Uses For Old Climbing Rope
- March 15, 2017 Royal Robbins, Climbing Pioneer, Dies At 82
- March 2, 2017 Climber Jeff Lowe Awarded Piolet d’Or Lifetime Achievement
- February 27, 2017 Woman Just Climbed The Hardest Route Yet
- February 24, 2017 Black Diamond Camalot Ultralight: Ultimate, Essential Climbing Pro
- February 21, 2017 Big Wall Warmth: Arc’teryx Proton AR Hoody Review
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.
Sign up in April for a chance to win a High Sierra Karadon 55 Backpack with tuck-away straps and reflective details.