A recap of top stories, week of August 28 – Sept. 4, 2015.
1) 10 Favorites: ‘Bike Art’ Posters: Bike-centric artwork now available at new ARTCRANK website. These are some of our favorites.
2) Camping Scooter: Concept On Three Wheels: Aimed at the solo traveler, the Bufalino is the minimalist camper’s eco dream.
3) Do-All Survival Blade: BK9 Backwoods Chopper: The Ka-Bar Becker BK9 is one of the best (and most affordable) on the market.
4) Free ‘Urban Adventure’ Event: GearJunkie/Salomon CITYTRAIL: As a part of its CITYTRAIL series, Salomon and GearJunkie are hosting a unique running event on Thursday, Sept. 17th.
5) Crested Butte Mountain Biking, To Thoreau: Come on a ride along the iconic 401 mountain biking trail set to the words of Thoreau.
6) Kit For ‘Soft-Core’ Cyclists: BELCH jerseys have roots in a culture of two wheels and beer.
7) The 8 Most Badass Expedition Vehicles Of All Time: Call them RVs. Call them off-road vehicles. Call them whatever… you know you want to drive every one of these once in your life.
8) Vibram’s ‘Wrap On’ Minimalist Furoshiki Footwear: The Vibram Furoshikis are advertised as outsoles that wrap around your foot.
9) Tested: ENO’s Lightest Hammock Yet: Weight weenies will rejoice in a much lighter hammock system, but does it sacrifice too much comfort? Find out in this review of the ENO Sub7.
10) ‘Reeb Dikyelous’ Is My Dream Bike: Riding this belt drive, single-speed, made-in-Colorado bike made me lust for one of my very own.
11) Grappling Hook Folds Down Flat: If you need a grappling hook you can transport in a pack, this is the ticket.
12) Climbers’ Ranch: Epicenter Of Teton Climbing: Climber or not, the Climbers Ranch is a way to experience Grand Teton National Park away from the throngs of tourists and in the company of fellow dirtbags, climbers, and athletes.
13) Slip-N-Slid Flip Cup: Best Or Worst Drinking Game Ever? A long holiday weekend is coming and not everyone can get out to the wilds. This could be a fun way to entertain friends at home on a hot afternoon.
14) Arctic Influences, Minnesota Roots: Urban ‘Outdoors’ Shop: A new kind of outdoorsy store, Minnesota-based Askov Finlayson carries apparel, backpacks, and gear packed in an 1,800-square-foot urban space.
15) The Camper You Can Pull With Your Subaru: At just 1,100 pounds, the Happier Camper can be towed by many small cars, yet still packs a lot into the small trailer.
16) ‘Crocobiner’ Multitool: A multi-tool that looks like a crocodile has 10 functions.
17) Foolish Interaction With A Black Bear: ‘I’m not food,’ he says, as if a black bear speaks English.
18) Prepare To Be Amazed: Teenage Surf Prodigy: Not only is the surfing incredible, but the cinematography so beautiful it won the 2015 REDirect Surf Film Festival Grand Prize.
19) First Woman Free Climbs Eiger Testpiece: Sasha DiGiulian and fellow American Carlo Traversi climbed Magic Mushroom (7c+) in three days.