The E.C.O. (Environmentally Conscious Optics) sunglasses from Dragon are touted to be the world’s first shades made with a frame that’s of a 100-percent renewable origin. According to the company, the frames are manufactured with a secret “plant-based material.” But they flex and fit like normal sunglasses, and they have polycarbonate lenses with 100-percent UV protection.
The sunglasses fit large for full eye coverage and a stand-out look. Dragon E.C.O. Matte Black Gray Sunglasses cost $100. www.dragonalliance.com
This product is a part of a series of “Green Gear” highlighted on Gear Junkie and an accompanying article on ESPN this week. See all the featured products below.
- Patagonia “Greener Neoprene” wetsuit
- Movement Eco Ski
- Merrell NADA Jacket
- Carbon Neutral Camp Stove
- Dervish Bamboo Longboard
- JanSport Reclaimed Backpacks
- Solio Magnesium solar charger
- Zero MX Electric Motorcycle
- Billabong Recycled Boardshorts
- Dragon “Plant-Based” Sunglasses
- Sustainably-harvested Surfboard