October 2, 2013, 10:52 pm / Categories: Miscellaneous
We have a winner! Elizabeth Averbeck of Boulder, Colo., was drawn randomly from the thousands of entrants in our “Off Gird & All Clear” contest, sponsored by CamelBak. Averbeck wins a trip for two with Chill Expeditions this winter. “I’m literally stunned,” Averbeck told us. “I’ve never won anything like this!”
Through Chill Expeditions Averbeck gets to choose from one of three itineraries. Her trip of choice, called “Adventures in Volcanoes,” will have her and a guest exploring an area that surrounds a few of Costa Rica’s 68 volcanoes.
Chill Expeditions’ description notes she will “hike a dormant volcano and peek down into the verdant green pool in the crater, zipline through the dense rainforest canopy, visit local farmers who benefit from the rich volcanic soils, check out bubbling mud pits, and soak in hot springs heated by an active volcano!”
Sounds like a great trip. Along the way Averbeck will have the opportunity to test gear from CamelBak, including the company’s new All Clear water-purification bottle. It disables microbes via UV light and offers drinkable water in 60 seconds from the rechargeable bottle unit.
Thanks to all who entered our contest, and congrats to Averbeck! We will follow her this winter when she heads to Costa Rica, where she will report from the jungles and volcanoes of the country with a Chill guide and a CamelBak bottle in hand!
- Latest Articles
- Are You Man Enough? Patagonia Launches 'Technical Knickers' (we test them out)
- Toddlers Compete On Push-Bikes... Strider Launches 'National Championship' Series
- 'Slide Un Cable En SpeedRiding'
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.