Water bottles can begin to taste funky as they age. One solution is the Clean Bottle, a product introduced in 2010 (previewed on GearJunkie here) that unscrews at both ends for easy and thorough cleaning after use.
The original Clean Bottle was made for cyclists. It costs $10 and offers a fine alternative to traditional bottles on the bike.
This year, the company introduced its Runner model, made for runners who like a hand-held bottle on the go. It has an elastic strap that hugs the hand.
The package includes a Clean Bottle and the pocket-equipped holder for $25. There’s a clear plastic window that holds a phone. You can push buttons, dial and talk while it’s in the case.
The phone pouch is effective and fits my Samsung Moment phone just fine. Larger phones might be a tight fit. The phone compartment zips shut on one side; it’s water resistant only, so don’t plan to jog in the rain.
On back is a pocket for keys, cash or other small items. Bottle capacity is 22 ounces — enough water for an hour or more of running in most weather.
I tested it on a few runs this summer. It fit tight on my hand but was comfortable. I don’t usually run with music but love the pocket for carrying keys, a few bucks and my driver’s license on long journeys. It zips closed to keep all items safely inside.
—Sean McCoy is a writer based in Denver.
- Latest Articles
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Can An Innovative Axe From Finland 'Revolutionize' Chopping Wood?
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Video Chronicles Intensely Competitive 'Lake Sonoma 50' Ultra Race
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- The Stoke Factor: Explained
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.