January 15, 2014, 9:40 am / Categories: Water & Boats
It’s January and ice fishing is more on our minds. But this week Ocean Kayak announced a new boat for kayak fishing.
The Prowler Big Game II fishing kayak is a beast. It weighs 70 pounds and is flush with features and accessories.
There are six mounting brackets for a fisherman to outfit the boat. There’s a large seat (21 inches wide), bow hatch, foot braces, bungee cords, handles, and a cup holder, among other features.
It measures 12’ 9” in length and is 34 inches wide. There’s a 600-pound weight limit, meaning you and all your gear will easily drift and float.
The company will sell the Prowler for about $1,200 when it comes to market this spring.
It’s being marketed as an ultra-stable fishing boat for “angling enthusiasts looking for a dry ride or a novice who wants extra security” while reeling in that big catch.
- Latest Articles
- 10 Lantern Giveaway: Goal Zero Products Up For Grabs (10 readers will Win!)
- Active Lifestyle Luxury Goods, All Made In USA (major trend in 2014?)
- Carabiner Has Built-In 'Hook'
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers Shoes
- This Light Powered By Sack Of Rocks
- Boston Marathon Winner Wore Names Of Victims On Bib
- Running Paris: Salomon 'CityTrail' Video
- Can An Innovative Axe From Finland 'Revolutionize' Chopping Wood?
- Huff, Puff And Power Your Gizmos: Portable Wind Turbine Made For Outdoors
- Video Chronicles Intensely Competitive 'Lake Sonoma 50' Ultra Race
- Popular Articles
- Innovative Axe Design Revolutionizes Wood-Chopping Technology
- Not A Mummy: Zipper-less Design Offers New Sleeping Bag Experience
- World's 10 Most Dangerous Mountains
- Taco Cat Is A Bike-Only Taco Delivery Service
- American Wins Boston Marathon… Wearing Skechers shoes
- 1,000-Year-Old Native American Canoe
- The Stoke Factor: Explained
- No Reel Needed: Patagonia Fly Fishing Kit Is Simple, Light And Effective
- 12 Good Boots: Find Your Perfect Hiking Footwear For Spring 2014
- Goal Zero Camp Lantern Provides Light, Built-In Charging Station
- Friends of Gear Junkie
- Monopoint Media
- Adventure Blog
- Adventure Journal
- Outside Online
- Cold Splinters
- Sender Films
- Elevation Outdoors
- Rock and Ice Magazine
- Trail Runner Magazine
- REI Blog
- Weekly E-Newsletter
Sign up for our e-news for a weekly update on new gear, adventure travel, and prize giveaways.