We launched our new “Fast & Light” video channel last month with an episode on climbing Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. (See that video here.) Today, we debut the second episode in the series, “24 Hours on the Border Route,” for which Gear Junkie and crew traveled to northern Minnesota to trek the renowned 65-mile wilderness route. The video reveals the rugged beauty of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters as well as the remote and little-traveled nature of the region, where bears roam and forest fires wash unchecked over vast lands. In the video, here below as well as in a larger format on our web channel, Gear Junkie founder Stephen Regenold and his hiking companions get lost, battle compass malfunctions (due to iron in bedrock), and push limits to make it to the end of the Border Route in record time. Enjoy!
- 2 hours ago Yee-Haw! Biking Down A River Dam
- 2 hours ago 10 Of Our Favorite Bike Posters
- 3 hours ago Camping Scooter: Concept On Three Wheels
- 3 hours ago Do-All Survival Blade: BK9 Backwoods Chopper
- 4 hours ago Free ‘Urban Adventure’ Event: GearJunkie/Salomon CITYTRAIL
- 16 hours ago Crested Butte Mountain Biking, To Thoreau
- September 3, 2015 The 8 Most Badass Expedition Vehicles Of All Time
- September 2, 2015 Climbers’ Ranch: Epicenter Of Teton Climbing
- September 1, 2015 First Woman Free Climbs Eiger Testpiece
- September 1, 2015 Why Is Obama Getting Dirty With Bear Grylls?
- August 31, 2015 Hotspots And Blisters: Foot Care Tips For The Trail
- August 31, 2015 Sketchiest Zipline To BASE Jump Video Yet