We launched our new “Fast & Light” video channel last month with an episode on climbing Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. (See that video here.) Today, we debut the second episode in the series, “24 Hours on the Border Route,” for which Gear Junkie and crew traveled to northern Minnesota to trek the renowned 65-mile wilderness route. The video reveals the rugged beauty of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters as well as the remote and little-traveled nature of the region, where bears roam and forest fires wash unchecked over vast lands. In the video, here below as well as in a larger format on our web channel, Gear Junkie founder Stephen Regenold and his hiking companions get lost, battle compass malfunctions (due to iron in bedrock), and push limits to make it to the end of the Border Route in record time. Enjoy!
- October 2, 2015 Man Climbs Sketchy Ladder Up Crumbling Chimney
- September 25, 2015 Woman Sets New Unsupported Record On Appalachian Trail
- September 17, 2015 ‘Scale Solar System’ Reveals Vastness Of Universe
- September 16, 2015 The Beautiful Caribbean ‘Playground’
- September 11, 2015 Weekend Warriors Make Most Of 55 Hours In Mexico
- September 9, 2015 Infento: The ‘Erector Set’ Your Child Can Ride
- September 9, 2015 Road Trip: ‘Live Monumental’ Tour With KEEN