“Bike crash NYC” is the title of a short YouTube video uploaded today. It was Joseph Vazquez’s very first GoPro video, he says, and it ended with him in the hospital. “I was biking to work on a nice autumn day [and] got hit by a car.” He was taken to the hospital via ambulance and suffered a separated shoulder and a concussion. See the whole scene in chilling point-of-view footage here (go to 0:34 to watch the dramatic crash where Vazquez and his GoPro go quite airborne). Wishing Vazquez a speedy recovery. Riders, be careful out there. —Stephen Regenold
From mtb to cyclocross, fixies to road bikes, we review the greatest new bike gear.check out all Biking posts
- April 28, 2017 A Single Pack For Singletrack: Mission Workshop Hauser
- April 26, 2017 ‘Packing It Out’ Tour Begins! Event And Cleanup Schedule
- April 25, 2017 Lightweight, Photochromic: ‘Fyre’ Cycling Glasses Review
- April 24, 2017 In The Spotlight: Green Guru Brand Profile
- April 18, 2017 ‘Packing It Out’ 2017 To Clean 5,025 Miles By Bike
- April 7, 2017 Missing Links: ‘Chainless’ Bike Breaks Design Mold
- April 6, 2017 Proposed MT Tax: Bikers Register As ‘Invasive Species’
- April 4, 2017 First Look: REI’s New ‘Co-Op Cycles’ Tested
- March 31, 2017 Legendary Endurance Cyclist Killed In Accident
- March 28, 2017 Bike, Eat, Stay: ‘Getaways’ Is Airbnb For Cyclists
- March 27, 2017 Live Happier: Four Lessons From Round-The-World Cyclist
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.
Sign up in April for a chance to win a High Sierra Karadon 55 Backpack with tuck-away straps and reflective details.