They form this time of year across the North. It’s a rare natural phenomenon, the waters of a river slowly freezing while the churn of eddys and currents swirl the crystalizing H20 into vast, circular plates. From North Dakota to Newfoundland, we found a few jaw-dropping Ice Circle shots.
Ski, snowboard, ice climb, snowshoeing... and anything else on ice and snow.check out all Winter posts
- July 10, 2018 First 45-Degree Gym Touts Cold Temps for Better Fitness
- June 4, 2018 Vail Resorts Buys Crested Butte, Stevens Pass
- May 15, 2018 Ortovox Recalls 3+ Avalanche Transceivers
- May 8, 2018 Snow Flotation: Black Diamond GlideLite 127 First Look
- May 7, 2018 Watch: 50-Foot Rooftop Gap on Snow by Mountain Bike
- April 27, 2018 Watch Biggest Toboggan ‘Jump’ Ever: 1,000+ Feet Down
- April 26, 2018 Heli to Snow in Daring Winter Biking Police Chase Video
- April 23, 2018 Police Say Man Lied About Being Stranded on Chairlift
- April 20, 2018 2 Months, 2 Chairlift Accidents: Should You Worry?
- April 16, 2018 Injured, Cold, Remote: My Near-Disaster in Greenland
- April 9, 2018 Man Claims He Was Left on Chairlift Overnight