They form this time of year across the North. It’s a rare natural phenomenon, the waters of a river slowly freezing while the churn of eddys and currents swirl the crystalizing H20 into vast, circular plates. From North Dakota to Newfoundland, we found a few jaw-dropping Ice Circle shots.
Ski, snowboard, ice climb, snowshoeing... and anything else on ice and snow.check out all Winter posts
- April 20, 2018 2 Months, 2 Chairlift Accidents: Should You Worry?
- April 16, 2018 Injured, Cold, Remote: My Near-Disaster in Greenland
- April 9, 2018 Man Claims He Was Left on Chairlift Overnight
- April 9, 2018 Steep, Slick, Snow: Watch MTBs Rip Sporty Winter Trails
- April 3, 2018 12 Things You Don’t Learn in a Level 1 Avalanche Course
- April 3, 2018 Watch Skilled Slackliner Perform Between Two Moving Snowcats
- March 23, 2018 High Beams Activate! Night Skiing At Its Best
- March 20, 2018 Ski Ramp Bungee Jump Looks Amazing (and you can do it too)
- March 15, 2018 A Love Letter to Winter, By The North Face
- March 13, 2018 Alexa for Outdoors: Vail Resorts Launches ‘Emma’ Digital Mountain Assistant
- March 12, 2018 Two Men Traverse Greenland’s Arctic Circle Trail in Winter