It has been 10 days since we staggered across the wilderness of British Columbia in the weeklong Raid The North Extreme. This is not enough time that our bodies have recovered — we are missing many toenails, our bruises are still raw — but at least now our heads are starting to get straight. We’ve been thinking back, sorting gear, treating our bodies to yoga and food and beer as we recover. The race was epic, no doubt. But it was also plagued with organizational issues, lost gear, abandoned checkpoints, and utter miscommunication throughout. (We wrote a bit about our trials in the race and our frustrations last week in the post “Finished: RTNX Post-Race Report”; a full race report and run-down of the event is still to come.) The official race results are still not up, amazingly. But for now, we’ve pieced together this short video from clips captured in the field. With scenes ranging from jagged peaks to a dilapidated outhouse where we ate soggy brownies to survive, we hope this video provides a peek into the RTNX experience, highs and lows all the same. —Jason Magness
Adventure Racing Articles
- December 8, 2015 Extreme Test: Gear For AR World Championships
- December 1, 2015 Insane! Watch The Gnarliest Race On Earth
- August 11, 2015 Adventure Race In The City… Recap Of ‘TC Urban Dash’
- August 3, 2015 Race Gear: 10 Top Pieces of Kit for Expedition Alaska
- March 20, 2015 Adventure Race Dog Clears Quarantine, Heads Home
- March 3, 2015 ‘Trail Fighter’ Documentary
- November 20, 2014 Adventure Racing Dog Adopted
- November 18, 2014 Stray Dog Joins Team, Completes Grueling Race
- October 11, 2014 Best College Class? University Credit To Film Ultra-Endurance Race
- October 9, 2014 'RIG' Race: 190 Miles Across Quebec
- October 6, 2014 Orienteering To Whitewater Swimming… What It Takes To Win 'AR National Champs'
- August 13, 2014 Urban Adventure: Get Stamp, Run The 'Dash'
- July 28, 2014 Still Dirty, Still Insane… Welcome To 'Tough Mudder' Nation 2014
- July 9, 2014 GearJunkie Partners To Host 'Urban Race'