What could be more snuggly than a plush fleece in fall? How about one that you design! Now, you can create a custom PolarFleece in a style and color combo that’s truly unique.
PolarFleece recently let the GearJunkie team try its online design tool for customizing classic fleece. Available online, the step-by-step program makes it simple and fun to fly your freak flag or keep it buttoned in your personalized pullover.
In building our own, some of us went retro in tribute to the iconic brand that’s been around since the ’80s. Others played it safe with a muted mix of colors. And oddly, although they all designed them individually, our Minneapolis crew ended up with remarkably similar personal fleeces.
How to Use the PolarFleece Customizer
Anyone can use the online customizer tool. Make one for yourself or mix up a slick gift for your most ironic friend. Here’s a quick tutorial on the web-based visual builder.
- Select a theme. That means a women’s or men’s fit. There are two styles tagged for men and three for women, including a pocketless fleece.
- Pick a size. They range from small to extra large. Not sure? Hit the Size Guide right above Theme in the digital builder.
- Customize like crazy. Choose from a host of hues (24 for the core panel alone) for every area and accessory: body, sleeves, pocket, collar, snaps, and more.
- Give it a spin. To make sure everything’s right, take your custom PolarFleece for a whirl with close-up, 360-degree digital views.
- Be patient. Your cozy PolarFleece fall jacket may take up to six weeks to arrive — though ours didn’t take near that long. But regardless, it’s worth the wait.
All custom PolarFleece build-your-own pullovers come with Polartec’s latest insulated fabric with a nice touch of power stretch. What’s even more awesome? They’re USA-made from upcycled plastic bottles.