Rain Jackets, Headlamps, Chris Sharma Climbs Tree: GearJunkie ‘Week In Review’
Recap: Top stories on GearJunkie, week of June 13-19, 2015.
1) Epic Texas Waterslide: This one went viral, and is still trending fast. If you missed it, check out Texas Water Slide Launches Riders Skyward
2) Better Rain Gear Coming Soon: Columbia Sportswear introduced an entirely new type of rain jacket and pants that we put to the test in Colombia.
3) Fit More In Your Backpack: Want to squeeze more into a carry-on backpack? This new product uses a vacuum compression bag.
4) Happy Birthday PTec: Stalwart US technology manufacturer turns the big 4-0 this year. Learn a bit about the brand that makes flashlights, dive lights, headlamps and more.
5) Win Free Swag: Comment to win come sweet gear from Sea To Summit. Check out the contest and win.
6) Chris Sharma Climbs A Tree: First, check out the video of Sharma climbing a redwood. Then, enjoy our Q&A with Sharma, one of the best rock climbers in the world.
7) See In The Dark: Thermal imaging isn’t new, but these iPhone attachments that let you use your phone to see in the dark sure are.
8) Gravel Grinding Tires: We put Mavic’s latest tires for gravel biking to the test.
10) Cook Wild Game Like A Pro: MasterChef Graham Elliott shares his tips for cooking wild game and fish in this video.
11) Last Crag Bush You’ll Ever Buy: Sublime Crag Brush is purpose built for cleaning rock holds and plastic at your favorite gym or rock wall.
12) Yee-haw Zip Line: This is what it’s like to do 100 MPH on a zip line.
Have a great weekend from the team at GearJunkie.com!
Sign up for our weekly email