Outdoor Project parties this summer benefit outdoors nonprofits, and you’re invited.
For the fifth year, the Outdoor Project‘s Block Party Festival Series is back and bigger than ever.
Now stretching to the East Coast, the traveling outdoor community event series announced its title sponsor and full lineup. GearJunkie is even taking part in the festivities!
Beginning this year, KEEN will be one the festivals’ national sponsors, promoting its Better Takes Action campaign to register voters and educate people on conservation issues.
But at each location throughout the summer, local partners will pitch in to provide craft brews, games, music, and, of course, gear demos. Plus, every event will partner with a local nonprofit focused on outdoor education, access, and conservation.
Outdoor Project Block Party Festivals
Outdoor Project launched its Block Party Festivals Oregon in 2014. Since then, the all-day festivals, hosted at local breweries, have spread throughout the West. This year, the event hits the bigtime with well-known title sponsors, charitable initiatives, and coast-to-coast reach.
In addition to raising money and hosting gear demos, Outdoor Project will expose visitors to its online community. An outdoor travel and lifestyle website, it provides “guidebook-style information and inspiration for all types of human-powered activities,” including trail maps, to-do blog posts, and more to its more than 1 million monthly users.
Launching May 19 at Hops & Grain Brewing in Austin, Texas, the Block Party Festival will allow outdoor enthusiasts to interact with brands and local sponsors. Proceeds from the events will support local nonprofits as well as the the festival’s national nonprofit partner, 1% for the Planet.
Check out the Block Party Festival tour schedule below. We’ll be on hand when the events pull through our Minneapolis and Denver headquarters, so stay tuned for more info.
- May 19, 2018: Austin, Texas, at Hops & Grain Brewing, benefiting Explore Austin
- June 2, 2018: San Diego, California, at Green Flash Brewing, benefiting WILDCOAST
- June 23, 2018: Portland, Oregon, at Ecliptic Brewing, benefiting 1% for the Planet
- June 30, 2018: Seattle, Washington, at Optimism Brewing, benefiting Wild Salmon Center
- July 14, 2018: Denver, Colorado, at Denver Beer Company, benefiting Environmental Learnings for Kids
- August 4, 2018: Salt Lake City, Utah, at Uinta Brewing, benefiting Save Our Canyons
- September 15, 2018: Minneapolis, Minnesota, location and nonprofit partner TBA
- October 6, 2018: Brooklyn, New York, location and nonprofit partner TBA
- October 20, 2018: Charleston, South Carolina, location and nonprofit partner TBA