Lumos designed its new smart helmet with input from over 120,000 riders to make it the best product possible.
Lumos’ latest helmet campaign hit its fundraising goal in an insane 4 minutes and whizzed past that to accrue nearly $3 million.
That makes it the most-backed product in Kickstarter’s Bike category ever, and the most-funded cycling accessory in the crowdfunding platform’s history as well.
What is the Kickstarter campaign, you’re wondering? A smart helmet with 360-degree visibility and gesture-controlled, integrated lighting.
The latest Lumos helmet, the Lumos Ultra, delivers on the company mission “to raise the bar on cycling safety and make safety accessible to the millions of people around the world.” Especially with cycling on the rise due to COVID-19, a product that can deliver on both value and safety is great for the market. And at least to start, the market has responded.
The Lumos Ultra has some unique features that make it — according to the brand — the ultimate cycling helmet:
- High-quality integrated lights and turn signals, which can be activated by wireless remote or “gesture recognition” via the Apple Watch
- Smart helmet in-mold design and circuitry-on-board (COB) technology
- MIPS feature (to reduce rotational forces on impact)
- 360-degree visibility
- IPX6 water-resistance rating
- $99 MSRP, or $79 on Kickstarter
Not only does the Ultra offer a ton of safety and riding features, but it’s at an accessible price point too.