Team GearJunkie heads to South America and the Wenger Patagonian Expedition Race this week! People often ask about how we prepare for this event. Admittedly, it is a bit overwhelming. The WPER requires months of training, huge amounts of time preparing and packing gear, getting food ready for the event, and then crunching everything down — including a bike — to get it on a plane and fly across the world. This video, a lo-fi production filmed at my house, gives a peek inside some of the gear I will use this year in Chile + a look at the training regimen that has ruled my life over the past half-year as I’ve prepared my body and mind for the big race. —Stephen Regenold
Adventure Racing Articles
- December 8, 2015 Extreme Test: Gear For AR World Championships
- December 1, 2015 Insane! Watch The Gnarliest Race On Earth
- August 11, 2015 Adventure Race In The City… Recap Of ‘TC Urban Dash’
- August 3, 2015 Race Gear: 10 Top Pieces of Kit for Expedition Alaska
- March 20, 2015 Adventure Race Dog Clears Quarantine, Heads Home
- March 3, 2015 ‘Trail Fighter’ Documentary
- November 20, 2014 Adventure Racing Dog Adopted
- November 18, 2014 Stray Dog Joins Team, Completes Grueling Race
- October 11, 2014 Best College Class? University Credit To Film Ultra-Endurance Race
- October 9, 2014 'RIG' Race: 190 Miles Across Quebec
- October 6, 2014 Orienteering To Whitewater Swimming… What It Takes To Win 'AR National Champs'
- August 13, 2014 Urban Adventure: Get Stamp, Run The 'Dash'
- July 28, 2014 Still Dirty, Still Insane… Welcome To 'Tough Mudder' Nation 2014
- July 9, 2014 GearJunkie Partners To Host 'Urban Race'