As the latest addition to the electric-power Zero Motorcycle fleet, the MX is a model made for track riding and motocross. Like all Zero bikes, the MX eliminates the loud noise and carbon footprint associated with a traditional gas dirt bike. But its beefy new fork, shocks, wheels and tires can handle the big airs and bumps like any regular ‘cross ride. Skip the gas pump.
You plug this bike into a wall outlet between rides. With its battery charged, the company cites up to two hours of ride time or 40 miles on the track or trail. The Zero MX Electric Motorcycle costs $8,250. www.zeromotorcycles.com
This product is a part of a series of “Green Gear” highlighted on Gear Junkie and an accompanying article on ESPN this week. See all the featured products below.
- Patagonia “Greener Neoprene” wetsuit
- Movement Eco Ski
- Merrell NADA Jacket
- Carbon Neutral Camp Stove
- Dervish Bamboo Longboard
- JanSport Reclaimed Backpacks
- Solio Magnesium solar charger
- Zero MX Electric Motorcycle
- Billabong Recycled Boardshorts
- Dragon “Plant-Based” Sunglasses
- Sustainably-harvested Surfboard