Archery season is getting closer and closer, and for some, it’s already here. Use these tips from GoHunt’s Trail Kreitzer to dial in your accuracy before heading into the field.
I’ve been hitting up my local archery range almost every day lately. And a few little things have sprung up, so I hit the internet looking for ways to become more accurate in my shot prior to my hunts this fall.
This video from GoHunt and Trail Kreitzer has been enormously helpful. In less than 15 minutes, Kreitzer explains the following in simple and helpful ways:
- The three points of contact
- Why the right draw length matters
- How holding weight and draw weight differ for accuracy
- The correct way to grip your bow
- Aiming and avoiding target panic
- Using back tension to activate your release
Personally, I’m coming back to archery after some downtime from knee surgeries, and these pointers were great reminders to list while working on my shot accuracy at the range.
Don’t forget to be methodical in your practice, “aim small, miss small,” and good luck this season.