The American Alpine Club and TINCUP Whiskey are partnering to fund adventure education courses. And the winner could be you!
For the second year in a row, the American Alpine Club x TINCUP Partner in Adventure Grant will power a variety of outdoor education adventures, with awards up to $1,000 per application.
While the AAC encourages experienced adventurers to apply, it also wants the grant to appeal to beginners. Here’s how it works — and how to apply today:
- The grant is open to any duo (read: you and your adventure partner) of U.S. residents 21 or older.
- You’ll have to submit an application beforehand and a report (if you win) afterward.
- This grant isn’t just for any random adventures. The AAC x TINCUP grant covers continuing education — but there’s still a whole lot of choice and fun in that category. (Think courses in rock climbing, avalanche training, first aid, wilderness medicine, and ski mountaineering, as well as outdoor professional development training and more!)
- The grant will open on Oct. 1, and applications and close on Nov. 8.
- AAC and TINCUP will announce the winners on Nov. 18.
Last year’s grant winners consisted of 20 pairs of adventurers spread across six disciplines (rock climbing, skiing, mountaineering, multiday expeditions, emergency medicine, and more) and 13 states. Check out the previous grants.
Applying for the Adventure Grant
I haven’t had the chance to experience the AAC and TINCUP grant first-hand. But I am a two-time outdoor education grant recipient, and I completed both my grants with an “adventure partner.”
My advice to anyone thinking about furthering their outdoor education through a grant? Do it if you have the chance.
For me, a grant like this is all about the immersive experience. It’s about the learning moments, getting to practice new skills, getting a kick of confidence. In my opinion, grants focused on continuing education are some of the coolest around. And they’re even more impactful when they involve the outdoor sports we love.