We launched our new “Fast & Light” video channel last month with an episode on climbing Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. (See that video here.) Today, we debut the second episode in the series, “24 Hours on the Border Route,” for which Gear Junkie and crew traveled to northern Minnesota to trek the renowned 65-mile wilderness route. The video reveals the rugged beauty of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters as well as the remote and little-traveled nature of the region, where bears roam and forest fires wash unchecked over vast lands. In the video, here below as well as in a larger format on our web channel, Gear Junkie founder Stephen Regenold and his hiking companions get lost, battle compass malfunctions (due to iron in bedrock), and push limits to make it to the end of the Border Route in record time. Enjoy!
Follow off-the-grid excursions, ultra races, mountain climbs, expeditions... and all things "adventure" around the globe.check out all Adventure posts
- September 28, 2017 Adult Summer Camp: Don’t Laugh, It’s Awesome
- September 26, 2017 Trekking ‘Mount Everest’ In England, Falling Short
- September 20, 2017 The Great Bog Walk: Red Lake Peatland Crossing
- September 13, 2017 First Look: Upcoming Products From Paddlesports Retailer 2017
- September 7, 2017 Meet Duluth, America’s Next Best Adventure Town
- September 1, 2017 Video: #RVLife Maintenance Tips
- August 29, 2017 Midwest Family Roadtrip: 4 Kid-Friendly Outdoor Destinations
- August 18, 2017 Outdoor Hazards: Viewing The Total Eclipse
- August 15, 2017 Down Revolution: Eddie Bauer To Launch ‘Down Fabric’
- August 15, 2017 ‘Crotch Pot’ Cooks Your Food With Body Heat
- July 12, 2017 10 Tips To Improve Your Outdoor Photography
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.