We launched our new “Fast & Light” video channel last month with an episode on climbing Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. (See that video here.) Today, we debut the second episode in the series, “24 Hours on the Border Route,” for which Gear Junkie and crew traveled to northern Minnesota to trek the renowned 65-mile wilderness route. The video reveals the rugged beauty of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters as well as the remote and little-traveled nature of the region, where bears roam and forest fires wash unchecked over vast lands. In the video, here below as well as in a larger format on our web channel, Gear Junkie founder Stephen Regenold and his hiking companions get lost, battle compass malfunctions (due to iron in bedrock), and push limits to make it to the end of the Border Route in record time. Enjoy!
Follow off-the-grid excursions, ultra races, mountain climbs, expeditions... and all things "adventure" around the globe.check out all Adventure posts
- March 17, 2017 Behind Mike Horn’s Unprecedented Antarctic Crossing
- March 9, 2017 What’s With Ultrarunners Doing Reality TV?
- March 7, 2017 Patagonia Goes ‘All In’ On Bears Ears
- February 20, 2017 Witness The Greatest Expedition Of Our Time
- February 14, 2017 Eat Frosting, Win Ultras: Rising Star Clare Gallagher
- January 18, 2017 15 Ways To Find Adventure, For The Local Or Traveler
- December 15, 2016 Massive Outdoor Scavenger Hunt Launches In MN Today
- December 8, 2016 Outback Bike-Packing, As It Should Be
- December 8, 2016 If The Outdoors Is Your Church, It’s Time To Tithe
- November 16, 2016 10 Secret ‘Local’ Adventures Around GearJunkie HQ
- November 11, 2016 Oh Winter, Where Art Thou?