We launched our new “Fast & Light” video channel last month with an episode on climbing Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. (See that video here.) Today, we debut the second episode in the series, “24 Hours on the Border Route,” for which Gear Junkie and crew traveled to northern Minnesota to trek the renowned 65-mile wilderness route. The video reveals the rugged beauty of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters as well as the remote and little-traveled nature of the region, where bears roam and forest fires wash unchecked over vast lands. In the video, here below as well as in a larger format on our web channel, Gear Junkie founder Stephen Regenold and his hiking companions get lost, battle compass malfunctions (due to iron in bedrock), and push limits to make it to the end of the Border Route in record time. Enjoy!
Follow off-the-grid excursions, ultra races, mountain climbs, expeditions... and all things "adventure" around the globe.check out all Adventure posts
- December 8, 2017 Gifts for the Outdoors Person in Your Life
- December 8, 2017 ‘Lost World’: 100 Hours Paddling Mexico’s Forgotten River
- November 30, 2017 Meet the 2018 Jeep Wrangler
- November 27, 2017 USA-Made: Rare Deals on Cyber Monday
- November 16, 2017 Dreams of Flying? You’ll Love This Video
- November 14, 2017 Rediscovering Iraq: Veterans Return for ‘Adventure Not War’
- October 31, 2017 Working for GearJunkie: Our 9-to-5
- October 27, 2017 Balloons To Lift ‘World’s Most Ridiculous Air Race’
- October 25, 2017 Inspiring! Film Documents Bikers’ Trip to ‘Leave It Better’
- September 28, 2017 Adult Summer Camp: Don’t Laugh, It’s Awesome
- September 26, 2017 Trekking ‘Mount Everest’ In England, Falling Short
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.