We launched our new “Fast & Light” video channel last month with an episode on climbing Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. (See that video here.) Today, we debut the second episode in the series, “24 Hours on the Border Route,” for which Gear Junkie and crew traveled to northern Minnesota to trek the renowned 65-mile wilderness route. The video reveals the rugged beauty of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters as well as the remote and little-traveled nature of the region, where bears roam and forest fires wash unchecked over vast lands. In the video, here below as well as in a larger format on our web channel, Gear Junkie founder Stephen Regenold and his hiking companions get lost, battle compass malfunctions (due to iron in bedrock), and push limits to make it to the end of the Border Route in record time. Enjoy!
Follow off-the-grid excursions, ultra races, mountain climbs, expeditions... and all things "adventure" around the globe.check out all Adventure posts
- February 17, 2018 Midnight Special: Surly Launches 650b Road Bike
- February 16, 2018 Build This Snow-Sliding Toy With Your Kids
- January 18, 2018 Top New Adventure Vehicles for 2019
- January 15, 2018 Custom ‘Mad Max’ Bike Built by Winter Warrior
- January 3, 2018 ‘Bomb Cyclone’ Is Sharknado of Snowstorms
- December 14, 2017 You Can Zip Line Over the Mississippi During the Super Bowl
- December 12, 2017 Try Before Buying: We Rented Gear and You Can Too
- December 8, 2017 Gifts for the Outdoors Person in Your Life
- December 8, 2017 ‘Lost World’: 100 Hours Paddling Mexico’s Forgotten River
- November 30, 2017 Meet the 2018 Jeep Wrangler
- November 27, 2017 USA-Made: Rare Deals on Cyber Monday
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.