We launched our new “Fast & Light” video channel last month with an episode on climbing Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. (See that video here.) Today, we debut the second episode in the series, “24 Hours on the Border Route,” for which Gear Junkie and crew traveled to northern Minnesota to trek the renowned 65-mile wilderness route. The video reveals the rugged beauty of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters as well as the remote and little-traveled nature of the region, where bears roam and forest fires wash unchecked over vast lands. In the video, here below as well as in a larger format on our web channel, Gear Junkie founder Stephen Regenold and his hiking companions get lost, battle compass malfunctions (due to iron in bedrock), and push limits to make it to the end of the Border Route in record time. Enjoy!
Follow off-the-grid excursions, ultra races, mountain climbs, expeditions... and all things "adventure" around the globe.check out all Adventure posts
- June 22, 2017 Budding Challenge: Hiking The ‘New’ Greater Patagonian Trail
- June 21, 2017 Adventure Family Travels The World, Four Kids In Tow
- June 17, 2017 GJ Week In Review: Bike Tour Tips, Rabid Raccoon, Swag Tent Review
- June 16, 2017 OR Video Is Female Stoke In The Wildest Of Playgrounds
- May 9, 2017 Modular OtterBox Cooler Touts ‘Ice For 14 Days’
- May 2, 2017 Lions, Wasps & Santa Hats: Honnold, Wright Climb Kenya
- April 25, 2017 GearJunkie Nationwide Tour Continues! ‘Live Your Local Adventure’ 2017
- April 18, 2017 ‘Packing It Out’ 2017 To Clean 5,025 Miles By Bike
- April 17, 2017 10 Reasons To Raft The Grand Canyon
- April 11, 2017 ‘Adventure Resort’ Includes Bear Grylls Survival Academy
- April 10, 2017 Hike, Climb, Run: 5 Adventures In Bears Ears
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.