We launched our new “Fast & Light” video channel last month with an episode on climbing Kings Peak, the highest mountain in Utah. (See that video here.) Today, we debut the second episode in the series, “24 Hours on the Border Route,” for which Gear Junkie and crew traveled to northern Minnesota to trek the renowned 65-mile wilderness route. The video reveals the rugged beauty of Minnesota’s Boundary Waters as well as the remote and little-traveled nature of the region, where bears roam and forest fires wash unchecked over vast lands. In the video, here below as well as in a larger format on our web channel, Gear Junkie founder Stephen Regenold and his hiking companions get lost, battle compass malfunctions (due to iron in bedrock), and push limits to make it to the end of the Border Route in record time. Enjoy!
Follow off-the-grid excursions, ultra races, mountain climbs, expeditions... and all things "adventure" around the globe.check out all Adventure posts
- September 20, 2016 5 Couples Who Made Adventure Their Jobs
- September 14, 2016 YETI ‘Brick’ Is One Burly Bottle Opener
- September 13, 2016 Method Man: Inside The Mind Of Mountaineer Conrad Anker
- September 8, 2016 Darwin Award Runner-Up: Dumbest Cliff Dive In History?
- September 1, 2016 Analog Atlas Still Relevant? Garmin Makes Company-Wide Decision
- August 31, 2016 A Really Scary Spot For A Unicycle Ride
- August 23, 2016 The Original Dirtbag: Unraveling Fred Beckey
- August 22, 2016 EnerPlex Wins GearJunkie Readers’ Choice Award
- August 22, 2016 100x Stronger Than Duct Tape? Wild Ad Is Convincing
- August 13, 2016 Best In Show, Tech Blanket, Vail Buys Whistler: GearJunkie Week In Review
- August 12, 2016 Epic Job: Meet A High-Voltage Line Inspector