Twelve sports in one day to celebrate the new year of 2012. . . that was the premise of a recent feat taken on by Team GearJunkie/YogaSlackers members Jason and Chelsey Magness. Said Jason, “The day was inspired in part by our love of Bend, Ore., and by prAna founder Beaver Theodosakis’ ’50 sports for his 50th birthday’ challenge.” From yoga to swimming to running, mountain biking and slacklining. . . see the full schedule of the duo’s long day in the video below.
Breaking news in the world of outdoors, adventure, and gear. Product launches, company updates, brand news, and more.check out all News posts
- October 23, 2017 Bar Raised: Woman Climbs First 5.15b
- October 23, 2017 Gobright, Reynolds Crush ‘The Nose’ Speed Record Up El Capitan
- October 23, 2017 Avoid the Cubicle: Get an Education in ‘Adventure Tourism’
- October 21, 2017 GJ Week In Review: Moab 240, Smokeless Fire Pit, Vape Pack
- October 20, 2017 One Month Later: Still No Suspect in Mountain Biker Murder
- October 18, 2017 2017 UTMB Winner Sets New John Muir Trail Speed Record
- October 14, 2017 GJ Week In Review: Avalanche, REI Used Gear, ‘Toolbox’ Minivan
- October 12, 2017 Boy Scouts Will Allow Girls: One Girl Scout’s Perspective
- October 12, 2017 Patagonia, Backcountry Hunters Denounce ‘Antiquities Act’ Threat
- October 11, 2017 Doping Dogs: Scandal Spurs Iditarod Rule Change
- October 10, 2017 Alpinist Hayden Kennedy Takes Own Life After Partner Dies In Avalanche
Get the latest news & reviews sent straight to your inbox twice a week. It's the easiest way to stay in touch with GearJunkie.