The well-known winter brand is fostering community and inclusivity with the launch of its first women’s swallowtail-shaped board.
Nowadays, swallowtail boards have become very popular. These boards are perfect for fresh, deep powder. The front of the board glides over the powder while its unique swallowtail design allows the board to sink. Its reduced resistance provides a more natural-feeling ride.
Despite its popularity, the brand has yet to create a swallowtail board for women — until now. Weston Backcountry partnered with its ambassadors, employees, and friends to create its first women’s-specific swallowtail snowboard. Its construction is lighter, more nimble, and more responsive to female riders, compared to the original Revel.
And to add more flare, artist extraordinaire Jessa Gilbert brings her designs to the topsheet, making these boards truly stand out.
Weston’s Mission Series (the Revel splitboard and snowboard) along with CAPOW, an ACMG-certified guiding team, will raise funds to create avalanche education scholarships. Together, their efforts aim to remove financial barriers to outdoor guiding and help diversify the backcountry.
Weston Revel Details
REVEL Snowboard and Splitboard x Jessa Gilbert Specs
- Profile: Carbon stinger tail with rocker nose and slight camber
- Shape: Tapered directional swallowtail
- Flex: 5 out of 10
- Base: Sintered DuraSurf 4001 (with aluminum tip on splitboard)
- Construction: Wood core, tri-axial fiberglass
- Core (splitboard): 71% poplar, 26% paulownia, 3% bamboo
- Core (snowboard): 56% paulownia, 44% poplar
- Sidewall: Ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene
- Topsheet: Castor bean-based rugged nylon
- Sizes (cm): 143, 148, 153
Want to get your hands on a pair? Then head over to Weston Backcountry to preorder. The retail cost for the snowboard is $624, and the splitboard is $949.