There are only 50 bikes available in this limited-edition collaboration, so don’t wait too long to find one of these sweet rides.
With the 4130 Road, two well-known bikemakers have made something sporty and informal.
This State Bicycle Co. collaboration effort resulted in a ride “inspired by the race machines of yesterday” while simultaneously telling owners to “keep it casual.”
So if you’re into the idea of “racing” with a geared bike through a hilly commute, then this limited run from State Bicycle Co. and Ham Cycles might be just the thing.
The bike has a Selle Italia Vintage 1980 Turbo Saddle and allows riders to choose traditional drop bars or “townie” bars, exclusive to this collab. Ham Cycles hails from Houston’s famous Montrose district, where several models of the 4130 will be available for in-person viewing.
State Bicycle & Ham Cycles: 4130 Road Bike Features
The 4130 Road aims at riders who want “the clean, timeless aesthetic offered by State Bicycle Co.” but also need the gears to help with climbing. In essence, it’s a road bike with a few modern twists.
The eight-speed downtube shifting offers fast response, and State Bicycle fans will likely recognize the company’s classic double-butted 4130 Chromoly frame. With a fully CNC machined crank with 44t chainring and an 11-28 cassette, it offers versatility for city riders.
Modern features include a 1.125-inch threadless stem and lightweight, wide rims capable of handling 32c clearance.
State Bicycle wanted its first geared road bike to look unique, too. So the brand added ornamentations on the brake levers, hubs, brake pad-holders, and saddle. The 4130 Road’s frame accommodates both front and rear racks.
State Bicycle & Ham Cycles: 4130 Road Bike Specs
- Frame: Double-butted 4130-grade Chromoly steel frame ft. seat stay rack mounts and cable stops
- Wheelset: Lightweight Lo-Pro wheels w/ sealed bearing hubs, quick-release levers, and 28c tires
- Gearing: 44t chainring w/ 11-28t cassette
- Derailleur: Sunrace RD-R81 8-speed
- Handlebars: Aluminum drop bars or “townie” bars w/ Vans grips
- Brake: Front and rear caliper hand brakes
- Pedals: Includes alloy pedals from Wellgo
- Saddle: White turbo saddle
- Size: 5 frame sizes to fit any rider height from 5’1″ to 6’6″ (size 55cm pictured)
- Weight: 22 lbs. 10 oz. (weights taken using a size 55cm frame)
For a limited run of just 50 bikes, the 4130 Road has a surprisingly reasonable price tag, an MSRP of $650. However, they’re currently listed on the State Bicycles website for just $590.