The conversation around equity hasn’t stopped, and there’s more work to do. And we’ll help reward you for pitching in with us to advance diversity, inclusivity, accessibility, and justice — for everyone.
We know we can’t go back to the status quo. Critical lessons around representation and equality — in the outdoors and beyond — must move forward into new actions to create a new future.
This is a start. We’re calling on every gear junkie to help by donating as little as $5 to help support organizations doing real work to make real change.
To thank you for your donations, we’re giving one lucky person this incredible gear package worth over $2,000 to upgrade their camping kit. The list of brands that stepped up to help is long. Check out the full list of gear below.
To enter, make a donation to one of the following charities between June 26 and July 10, 2020, and upload a picture of the receipt in the entry form below. For every $5 you donate, you’ll get one entry into the giveaway.
- American Civil Liberties Union: “The ACLU dares to create a more perfect union — beyond one person, party, or side. Our mission is to realize this promise of the United States Constitution for all and expand the reach of its guarantees.”
- Outdoor Afro: “Outdoor Afro has become the nation’s leading, cutting edge network that celebrates and inspires Black connections and leadership in nature. We help people take better care of themselves, our communities, and our planet! Outdoor Afro is a national non-profit organization with leadership networks around the country. With nearly 80 leaders in 30 states from around the country, we connect thousands of people to outdoor experiences, who are changing the face of conservation. So come out in nature with us, or be a partner to help us grow our work so that we can help lead the way for inclusion in outdoor recreation, nature, and conservation for all!”
- Venture Out Project: “The Venture Out Project is committed to facilitating backpacking and wilderness trips for the queer and trans community in a safe and inclusive environment. We also provide comprehensive inclusion workshops for educators, adventure professionals, summer/day camps and more.”
- Center for Social Inclusion: “Since 2002, CSI’s mission is to catalyze community, government, and other institutions to dismantle structural racial inequity and create equitable outcomes for all. We craft and apply strategies and tools to transform our nation’s policies, practices, and institutions, in order to achieve racial equity.”
- NAACP: “Founded in 1909 in response to the ongoing violence against Black people around the country, the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) is the largest and most pre-eminent civil rights organization in the nation. We have over 2,200 units and branches across the nation, along with well over 2M activists. Our mission is to secure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights in order to eliminate race-based discrimination and ensure the health and well-being of all persons.”
The raffle runs through July 10, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. CST. The winner will be announced on or around July 16.
Camp Gear Prize Package Valued Over $2,000
The Mineral King is a super-spacious car camping tent that’s simple to set up and has two large doors for easy entry and exit. Its rainfly rolls back, securing halfway for stargazing at night or shade during the day.
All Mountain Hardwear tents are flame retardant-free as well, so you can rest easier knowing that you’re breathing in fresh air instead of toxic chemicals.
Therm-a-Rest Quest Air 20-Degree Sleeping Bag x 2: $520-600
Dialed in for backpacking adventures, the fully featured Questar delivers three-season comfort with 650-fill Nikwax Hydrophobic Down.
Therm-a-Rest Airhead Pillow x 2: $90
Designed with the perfect amount of loft and just the right amount of support, the Air Head Pillow will help you drift off just about anywhere.
Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Topo Pad x 2: $290-420
When you’re looking for supreme comfort that doesn’t fill up your pack, the NeoAir Topo brings 3 inches (7.6 cm) of support in a pack-friendly size.
A new addition to Black Diamond’s lantern line, the Volt is the big brother of the Zip lantern and features 250 lumens of light for every camping situation.
With the ability to run on an integrated rechargeable lithium battery or three AAs, the Volt is versatile and has a built-in USB charge-in and charge-out port that’s perfect for powering up a cellphone in the backcountry.
With 250 lumens of power housed in a super-compact, watertight body, the Cosmo 250 is perfect for urban adventures and overnighters in the woods. The Cosmo’s new, compact body is more ergonomic, with a lower profile for improved balance. And the updated user interface includes a second switch for easy lens selection.
Introducing the Upcycled Collection, where style meets sustainability. Each frame is made from five recycled plastic water bottles. This style of sunglasses offers 100% protection from UV rays and features a universally appealing silhouette. They come in three matte-black colorations with regular and ion lenses.
Also in the Upcycled Collection, made of recycled plastic water bottles, the Cove is a unisex style constructed with curved lines and a clean cut-out on the bridge. It’s available in matte-black colorations with regular and ion lenses.
Think of your favorite flannel shirt. Now imagine one like it that will allow you to ride to dinner and the movies with your sweetie on a fall evening or tackle singletrack on the weekend. Pearl Izumi’s polyester twill has the feel of flannel but wicks like a jersey for stay-dry comfort while remaining wrinkle-free.
Klean Kanteen TKPro Thermos x 2: $100
Perfect for keeping drinks piping hot for up to 38 hours or iced up to 100 hours, this TKPro from Klean Kanteen has feature-rich versatility in a streamlined form. It has an integrated double-wall stainless steel cup, 360-degree pour-through functionality, and the new TK Closure internal thread design to keep drinks hot and cold longer.
Eddie Bauer Backpack Chair x 2: $200
This new chair from Eddie Bauer features soft backpack straps for hands-free carrying, its own six-can cooler below the seat, and an adjustable pillow. It also has five positions to adjust the recline to make it more personalized.
Weighing less than 2 ounces, this pocket-size straw comes with its own carry bag and is the ideal camping, hiking, backpacking, and travel water purifier. There is no priming or pumping required, making this fast water filter also the best water purifier for personal use.
Ben’s Tick Repellent is field-tested and specifically designed to repel ticks, including deer ticks, that may carry Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, and other tick-borne diseases.
With a non-greasy, maximum-strength 20% picaridin formula offering protection that lasts 12 hours, this tick repellent won’t damage gear and is safe for kids.
Adventure Medical Kits Sportsman 200 ($55) & Trauma Pak ($25)
Sportsman 200: Specifically designed to treat sportsmen’s common injuries, the Sportsman 200 medical kit contains enough first-aid supplies for a group of four on trips up to 4 days.
Quality contents like moleskin, medications, EMT shears, and a trauma pad set the standard in backcountry care and are organized into clearly labeled pockets.
Trauma Pak: This essentials-only trauma pack contains Adventure Medical Kit’s QuikClot, a hemostatic dressing that stops bleeding three times faster by accelerating your body’s natural clotting process with zeolite.
In addition to the hemostatic dressing, this pack includes a combine pad, triangular bandage, and gauze dressings to help control the bleeding and duct tape to hold it all in place.
Duck Camp Trout Hat: $29
This trout hat will keep you looking sharp whether you’re fishing a skinny stream out West, taking a float trip down the river with your buds, or simply going out to the local joint for a beer.
Lightweight comfort is right here. Whether you’re fishing, hunting, hiking, scouting, backpacking, or generally hanging outside, this lightweight bamboo shirt will be your new go-to.
The quick-drying, breathable material coupled with underarm and back venting systems keeps you cool. This Wingshooter shirt has a button-down collar for a traditional look in the field and is intentionally designed with a more modern, athletic cut.